blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Fluid Sim in custom Model

Re: Fluid Sim in custom Model

Postby SPARTAN-001 » March 30th, 2011, 10:55 am

To extrude a face, you select the face and then press E, and move your mouse, clicking to place the face that is extruded. However, I'd recommend reading up on modeling before starting a fluid simulation project. Here's a good tutorial, about how to build a castle.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Digital Gigalow » March 31st, 2011, 10:58 pm

Thnx for ALL the help guys. In the process of backing the fluid sim. Have one more question to finish the thread off.

I did a low quality bake to do a test to make sure I was filling the whole pillar. got the setting correct. I am in the process of baking a sim with the resolution of 256, 300 frames, 10 seconds. which is going to take 50 hours. as I am watching the sim, I am noticing that it might not fill all the way with those settings. My question is, after the bake is done, if the pillar is not filled all the way, is there a way to add 5 more seconds without having to do the whole bake over again.

PLUR :thumbup:
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby Digital Gigalow » March 31st, 2011, 11:46 pm

for some reason my last post, did not post. i am in the process of bakeing the fuild sim. one more question, if the pillar doe not fill all the way, is there a way to add 5 seconds and 150 frames.

THANX for ALL the help.

PLUR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 1st, 2011, 1:54 am

Sorry, there's no way to do that. Also, keep an eye on your hard drive space. At that resolution, the fluid sim will eat up a lot of hard drive space. Just bear that in mind. :)
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Digital Gigalow » April 1st, 2011, 2:18 am

If I stop the sim, change the settings and rebake, can I stop the sim before it over flows. then chage the time to fit the video?

thnx again
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 1st, 2011, 2:31 am

I don't quite get what you mean, sorry.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Digital Gigalow » April 1st, 2011, 2:46 am

I think everything is ok. now that the pillar has fluid filling the center, it is filling faster. I am at 158 frames out of 300. say for instance, if the pillar doe not fill all the way and I start a new back at 15 seconds, 450 frames. If thI bake and get to a point where it is full and I have not baked the full 450 frames, can I stop the back and edit the time to corrispond with the frames. I guess I could just do it in post editing.
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 1st, 2011, 4:24 am

Doing it in post production would be much easier, and faster, at least in my opinion.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Digital Gigalow » April 3rd, 2011, 11:54 pm

It NEVER ends. I guess this would be another modeling question. I would like to create an indirect lighting out line on the pillar. I know how to do the indirect lighting but would like some direction on how to create the the outline. can someone help. the blend file is below. outline needed around the indentions and along the outside. the camera is in the wrong place, it will be potioned directly in front of the pillar with the pillar showing 2 sides. so I would need half the outlines and and indentions, and a full one.

I do want to learn so the above was just saying in detail what I am looking for.

https://files.me.com/mjtimothyscott/1ku1r2
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 5th, 2011, 4:29 am

Nothing wrong with asking questions! ;)
I'm downloading the file right now, will take a look at it when I get a chance. Right now these school computers can't deal with Blender, so it may be a while.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext
Return to Animation