blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

My first animation

My first animation

Postby Phamhai » January 8th, 2011, 7:20 pm

I have gaot my first animation after a month studying Blender. The surface was imported by digital information system (DTM). I developed it for monitoring flood in the river. I could not uploaded it to vimeo yet (maybe some technical problems occurred). This file is still in developing.
Please see it in the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQ9vyzapfM

I adjusted the velocity is very low but could no control the speed of the fluid. can you give me some advices? Moreover, I want to build a viewer for this file like http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102619. please let me know how to do? tahnk you very much inadvance.
Phamhai

Re: My first animation

Postby IrascibleOne » January 9th, 2011, 2:49 pm

If I remember correctly, velocity should only change how quickly and therefore how much fluid is coming in. To change the speed after it is emitted, I believe you change the domain size or something like that. I can't remember if bigger was faster or slower moving fluid though.

For the viewer you are going to have to get into the Game Engine. Depending on how complex you want it to be, this could be just simple movement with the camera and I do have a tut for that. That should get you started.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » January 9th, 2011, 3:41 pm

First off, your domain is awfully low resolution. Higher resolution will take a lot longer, but will look much better. Also, the fluid will react more realistically if you increase the resolution.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Phamhai » January 9th, 2011, 11:25 pm

To IrascibleOne: You are right as I read in some tutorials. But in my case, I changed the domain size many times, it does not affect to the speed of fluid much. This makes me confuse about controlling speech of the fluid. I will check velocity again and the gravity too. I want to develop the viewer, because i want to show my result to other member of my team. The viewer includes cameras, which can observe the flood area in many angles. If you have tutorial for the beginner of Game engine, please let me know. thankl you very much

To SPARTAN-001: Actually, I set the resolution of 100. I wanted to set it higher 150 or 200 but errors always occurred and Belender automatically stopped running (maybe my computer's memory is not enough). I think the limitation of Bleder is that the rendering requires high spectral computer and takes long time (ex: it takes 3 hours for 4 seconds animation).
Phamhai

Postby djm » January 10th, 2011, 2:23 am

(ex: it takes 3 hours for 4 seconds animation).

Woow, that's slow! O.o
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » January 10th, 2011, 2:25 am

Yeah, thats slow, what kind of CPU do you have? Do you have alot of stuff running on your computer while rendering? Even browsing the internet can slow down your rendering considerably.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Animation