blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Animation for Blender 3D

Animation for Blender 3D

Postby allison » August 25th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Dark Scarab users -
Earlier this week Mixamo.com released news that we are now fully supporting customizable animation and free character creation for Blender via Collada 1.4.1 plugin and standard BVH. I'd like to extend this message directly to you guys on DS, as an established (and respected!) community of Blender users. We're offering automatic retargeting to your character (just upload to our site), and customizable animation ready for import into Blender. Try it out - we have a few free animations, and characters, that you can download to test. You can also find Blender tutorials and workflows by going to http://www.mixamo.com/c/blender .
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot me a message!

-Allison
www.Mixamo.com
allison

Re: Animation for Blender 3D

Postby 3LeggedDog » August 25th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Thnx.
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 25th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Hi, and welcome to Dark Scarab. I'm the local moderator around these parts. If I'm understanding you correctly, your service is rigging and animating characters, so that users don't have to do it themselves? Very interesting idea, but how much does it cost? I'm pretty sure it would be well out of my price range, but feel free to prove me wrong there. :D
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » August 26th, 2010, 12:16 am

Sounds interesting. Maybe I will look into it whenever I get internet access that is faster, probably when I get home. Got too many people sucking all the bandwidth here.

Welcome to DS!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby allison » August 26th, 2010, 8:45 am

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Mixamo offers 3D character animation, which can be automatically applied to your own character (or our models, which are free to download). We do all the retargeting, looping, and cleaning automatically. We also offer character creation (both a free and "professional" version starting at $39) and animal motions (dog, wolf, cat, horse, dragon, etc.). Our average price per motion is $20 but can be dropped drastically by purchasing more than one at a time.

We're very excited to be reaching out to Blender users - the work that comes out of this community is absolutely phenomenal and we are looking forward to supporting you all.
www.Mixamo.com
allison

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 26th, 2010, 8:54 am

Do you give full rights for the model and animations to the customer, or are there restrictions? Is the customer allowed to copy and redistribute models or animations? Also, is the customer allowed to use models and animations for commercial uses? Just some questions that would be helpful to know before considering using this.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby allison » August 26th, 2010, 10:11 am

Great question - users have full rights to use the models and animation in their own work (personal or commercial), no licensing necessary, royalty-free. We do ask that you not resell motion data or characters for profit, or provide to third-parties. Full legal doc: http://www.mixamo.com/home/legal
www.Mixamo.com
allison

Return to Animation