blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Fluid simulation problems

Fluid simulation problems

Postby themitchel0 » June 23rd, 2010, 1:35 pm

in your tutorial about fluid simulations, how did you get the water to not fall through the stairs? becuase when i make anvy stairs that way the water goes right through the steps, any ideas?
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Re: Fluid simulation problems

Postby IrascibleOne » June 23rd, 2010, 8:58 pm

I don't think I did anything other than make it a collision and use the shell setting on the stairs/subway. I know if the subway is set to volume and there is a hole anywhere in the mesh, then it will not work because, to Blender, it has no volume when it is not completely closed up. I guess choosing the both setting would work as well.

That is mainly for water that is just dropping through the steps. If it is generally following the slope, but cutting corners or is lower then the steps, then the problem is probably with resolution. Also if you are using just the preview to judge where it is going, it may not go through the steps when you render.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fluid simulation problems

Postby themitchel0 » June 24th, 2010, 5:37 am

oo thank you so much!
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Return to Animation