blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

How to animate camera angle/focus point?

How to animate camera angle/focus point?

Postby dsavi » November 4th, 2009, 6:13 am

Title says it all, I've been trying to figure this out for a long time now to no avail.

Maybe something with the new animato system in 2.5? (Which I am trying to switch entirely to) But I've seen it done in older versions too (Like Elephants Dream)
dsavi
Still New
Still New

Re: How to animate camera angle/focus point?

Postby SPARTAN-001 » November 4th, 2009, 7:09 am

You animate the camera exactly like any other object. It should work exactly like animating an object.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby dsavi » November 4th, 2009, 8:10 am

So, I insert a keyframe? Of what type? (Loc, Rot, Scale, combination?) With what selected?

Dumb it down for me. :P
dsavi
Still New
Still New

Postby Nismo » November 4th, 2009, 11:47 am

I have a hunch that if you press "I" when the mouse is in the button window (in editing mode & with the camera selected) it gives special keyframe actions related to the camera, the same applies for lights if i remember correctly.

dsavi wrote:So, I insert a keyframe? Of what type? (Loc, Rot, Scale, combination?) With what selected?
Dumb it down for me. :P

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » November 4th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Yes! I live! I was waiting around for any excuse for me to post.

DoF is easy. And it's not a 2.5 function at all. Nor nodes, nor compositing, nor sequence editing.

1. Select your camera.
2. Go into Editing (F9)
3. Hover your cursor anywhere over the Buttons Menu (if you are in Editing mode, you already have Buttons Menu up and ready, I guess I could also say "hover your mouse over the "Camera" tab.)
4. Notice "Focal Distance," hit it to add a "Focal Distance" keyframe.
5. With this newly acquired information, animate as normal. The principle of animating a "Focal Distance" keyframe is the same as any other type -- loc, rot, scale, the whole shebang. ("Focal Distance" is the "DoF Dist" parameter)
6. Make something awesome and post it here because we could really use it :D

Also, if you don't want to set numerical values or need to focus on an object, you can always type the name of the object in "DoF Obj" and it will automatically focus on that and blur the rest.

Hope this helps!

(Yes! A reason to fire up Blender! Haven't done that it forever!)

BTW: Yes, it does work for lighting, use it in my game experiments all the time. It works for just about everything, texture, color, norm, alpha, etc. I think the coders make it a point to make EVERYTHING animate-able.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dsavi » November 5th, 2009, 6:57 am

Ironically enough, as usual, the day I post something here I find out myself. :wall: Even if I've been searching for it for months.

But thanks for the help anyway. It's still here for someone else who's wondering how to find out.

2.5 seems to animate pretty much anything, which is awesome.
dsavi
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » November 5th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Don't you love that? ;) Every time I resort to asking a question on any forum, I almost always find the answer within 10 minutes after I post it...Its the main reason you never really see me ask questions here, I usually search a really (reeaaalllly) long time before I make a post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Animation