blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

render animation with sound

render animation with sound

Postby Beerfaced » October 1st, 2009, 11:25 am

I am a total newb so please be patient. I tried your tutorial to animate and explode the cube. It worked great so I added sound. It works when I use "alt a" but not when I render the animation. What have I missed?
Thanks
Rob
Beerfaced

Re: render animation with sound

Postby SPARTAN-001 » October 1st, 2009, 12:10 pm

I'm not sure how to do it inside Blender, but a quick fix would be to put the rendered animation into a video editor, and just add the sound there. Something simple like Windows Movie Maker should work.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Dictator-for-life » October 1st, 2009, 3:39 pm

First off, hello and welcome aboard! Please enjoy your time at DarkScarab.

Now your question.
Beerfaced wrote:It works when I use "alt a" but not when I render the animation. What have I missed?

And is this rendering of the animation with Blender Internal? Like you'll hit Render Animation (Ctrl+F12)? Try this:

Load up your file. Go into Scene (F10), Format Tab. Towards the bottom of this Format Tab, you'll see a bar with the name of a file format in it (ie, mine says JPEG, others include Targa, bmp, png, etc). Click on it and select a video format, I usually go with Quicktime. It'll open a window, set these parameters to whatever you wish. Now Render Animation.

There are probably multiple ways to get sound, I hope this one worked for you. If it didn't, I know for sure there are people on this site who've had experience with sound and can direct you to the correct answer.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » October 1st, 2009, 4:03 pm

I don't have a Quicktime selection...then again, I refuse to put Quicktime on my computer. But I do know that the FFMpeg selection pops up a tab in that box for audio and you can render it with sound that way.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Animation