blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Armature Animations

Armature Animations

Postby stardavid » November 27th, 2013, 9:15 am

Hi guys, am back again with another question :D . So my question is, after I made gus following a tutorial, I entered the animation section where I will animate gus. After inserting the bones (armature) , the tutorial said I should select 'create vertex from nearest group' or something bone heat. I tried looking for those option but I could not find them( any way, I did not search for it for a long time cuz it gave me head ache :D ) so I just jumped it. So after I animated it following the tutorial, I played it but my gus would not move. Also I tried creating a complete amarture following the in built full armature as a sample, after building it with doing any other thing , After animating it, I played it but it did not move. I don't know why. If there's any thing I was missing pls tell me.
Thanks in advance for help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Armature Animations

Postby IrascibleOne » November 27th, 2013, 11:53 am

Can you give us a link to the tutorial to help give us a better idea of what it is trying to tell you?

I'm not terribly familiar with armatures and bones, so I am not sure where that setting is, but I think I could find it if I saw the tutorial. That said, I would guess that the step you skipped is probably what you'll need to do to get it to work, assuming everything else went smoothly.

Although, you could use to try to find it by hitting the spacebar and searching for it through that.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 29th, 2013, 6:18 am

Hi, I tried to search for it using the space bar but it gave me no result. The step I jumped is skinning my gus. The tutorial is found here http://pdf.letworyinteractive.com/downl ... gory/1-pdf . It is blender manual. When you open the page you will see two PDFs select the first one which is bm_20100622 and wait till it download. After that open the PDF and search for it. Thanks of help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 29th, 2013, 10:55 am

Oh, I knew Gus sounded familiar. :) That tutorial looks very out of date, unless you are using Blender 2.4x?

Assuming you are using 2.6, there are updated versions of the gus tutorials on the Blender wiki. Modeling Gus and Animating Gus.

The modeling should be pretty much the same, but the rigging and bones look different. From the looks of it, the Bone Heat step is now unnecessary and it will automatically do that for you if you select 'Automatic Weights' when doing the parenting step.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 29th, 2013, 11:06 am

Ok thanks. No wonder i could not understand that skinning process. My mind was telling me that i downloaded 2.4 but i did not believe. Now that i know that i downloaded an outdated tutorial, pls could you give me a link that i could download the pdf of blender 2.6 manual pdf. Thanks for help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 29th, 2013, 1:39 pm

If there is a PDF of the current wiki, I do not know of it.

You could try a webpage to PDF service like this though: http://pdfmyurl.com/. Just plop in the URL and it should give you a PDF to download. I don't know how pretty the results are, but something like that could be an option when you can't find a downloadable pdf of something.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 1:32 am

Thanks for the help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 3:07 am

Hi, i have found a site where i could download the blender 2.6 manual. Incase you are interested in this blender manual, you could get it here: http://archive.org/details/BlenderWikiPDFManual . After that select the 42.3 m PDF and wait for it to download
thanks again for help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2013, 9:36 am

Oh, sweet! Thanks for sharing.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Animation