blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Following tutorial results in 2D appearing mesh not 3D

Following tutorial results in 2D appearing mesh not 3D

Postby narosis » March 4th, 2012, 1:02 am

following the "Blender 3D: Car Modeling" tutorial in which a Chevy Camaro is modeled, I am having the issue that my front of my chosen vehicle (Chevelle SS) appears in 2D once I begin working on the front grill. I was able to model the hood without incident, but the work on the front is flat, like a pencil drawing in 3D space? Was I suppose to select the entire mesh (A) and then create the faces (F)? Or did my issue stem from creating the faces 1 at a time??
narosis

Re: Following tutorial results in 2D appearing mesh not 3D

Postby brektzar » March 4th, 2012, 3:30 am

You have to make sure you pull the vertices to match the reference image, not just in front view, but also in side and top view if availible. If you dont have a side view or a top view reference, you can "guesstimate" how to move the vertices.

Hope that helps!
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Re: Following tutorial results in 2D appearing mesh not 3D

Postby IrascibleOne » March 4th, 2012, 10:03 pm

First off: My Camaro tutorial sucks. I would suggest using the Honda one instead, it's basically the same thing but a different car. I dunno how much better it is, but it is better than the Camaro one. I need to get rid of the Camaro tutorial, but for some reason every time I convince myself to remove it, I don't...I apologize if it has run you astray.

I would say it sounds like you are okay so far, you just need to give it the third dimension as Brektzar stated. That is, unless we are misunderstanding the problem.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modeling