blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Newbie Problem

Newbie Problem

Postby ToGoR » November 20th, 2011, 9:07 am

Newbie Questions (V2.60): I am making Gus and have two issues right off the bat :(

When deleting the subdivided cube to make his center, I have to do it twice. Is this a different effect inV2.60, or do I not have the correct setup?

Secondly, when I extrude the arm, the block underneath partialy extrudes as well. This makes a "V" shaped body. Although it looks OK, I want to learn the program. I used the BKEY to select the two vertices. I also used the Shift RMB to select each vertice. Both of them gave me the same results.

Thanks in advance for your help!
ToGoR

Re: Newbie Problem

Postby djm » November 20th, 2011, 1:31 pm

on Q 1, make sue you're not in edit mode when deleting meshes.

on Q 2, I'd like to see a picture so I know what you mean. I think I know how you mean, but at the same time I don't.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Re: Newbie Problem

Postby IrascibleOne » November 20th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Gus? Are we talking about the gingerbread man tutorial?

First Question: If it's the step I think it is, it sounds like you might not be selecting all the vertices and that is really hard to see when in orthographic view and the vertices are right behind each other.

Second Question: I'm also a unsure about what you mean, but it sounds like you might be grabbing (G key) instead of extruding (E key)?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modeling