blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Symmetrical Posing

Symmetrical Posing

Postby wagnerpf » September 22nd, 2011, 7:24 pm

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with symmetrical posing. Whenever I copy the pose from one side of my armature and then use the "pastes the stored pose on the current pose" button, it reflects my armature over the x axis when it really should reflect it over the y axis. I've tried rotating the armature but then it reflects it over the y axis when it should reflect it over the x axis. I think I read there's some special way I need to name like bones to make this work. Is that true?
wagnerpf
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Symmetrical Posing

Postby IrascibleOne » September 22nd, 2011, 11:49 pm

I think you do have to name it right, if I remember correctly.

From what I have read, things on the right would end in an R and on the left they should end in L. I think I've seen both the ".R" and "_R" format used before. When you mirror it, Blender should automatically give the new side the same name, but change that last letter so you can easily tell left from right. For instance, Hand.R when mirrored should automatically name the left hand Hand.L.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wagnerpf » September 24th, 2011, 7:36 am

Yep, that was it, thanks for the help!
wagnerpf
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby SPARTAN-001 » September 24th, 2011, 5:10 pm

It will also work if you have "left" or "right" in the name as well, if I remember correctly.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Return to Modeling