Ok. Here's a pic of my latest abomination! Actually, considering he isn't finished, and considering that I did absolutely zero research before I boned him out, I don't think he turned out too bad at all.
I did not use Mirror when I worked on the character, but I did when I extruded the bones, and it only took a few minutes. I used the Heat setting to weight the bones, and it seemed to work, but some few polys on the helmet didn't weight correctly, but I have unwieghted copies, of course, and so now I get to study animation in some depth.
Oh, I used Blender version 2.49b.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.