blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Cut out quarter sphere from cube.

Cut out quarter sphere from cube.

Postby Digital Gigalow » May 19th, 2011, 1:03 am

this is what I got:

https://files.me.com/mjtimothyscott/rbh6no

I would like to cut the quarter sphere out cube then join them and uv unwrap. if you look at the blend file, the flat area inside the quarter sphere, I would like to cut and through to the otherside.

the final outcome should look like the quarter sphere has two tile like corners.

Can someone please help

thanx

DIG-GIG
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Re: Cut out quarter sphere from cube.

Postby IrascibleOne » May 19th, 2011, 12:03 pm

You could try using the Boolean Modifier. I'm not sure which setting would be best since I rarely use it at all and you may have to do a little work with it after you apply the modifier.

The only problem, if it is indeed a problem for you, is that you will probably get a fairly messy mesh and it may not be exactly how you want it, but it should automatically connect the vertices together so it is all one piece, or at least make the complicated part you want so you can attach it to the rest of the mesh.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modeling