blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Advice on Modeling this Wheel

Advice on Modeling this Wheel

Postby Blood55 » January 21st, 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi;

I have modeled the tire and now am looking at how to model this wheel for a Ford Model A.

I have this background image. I am thinking that I would model a part of the wheel and then use arrays to build it out. My concern is whether I should model the inside hub, the outside rim and then try to tie it together with the spokes or should I try modeling the whole section?

Here is the picture.

Blood55
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Advice on Modeling this Wheel

Postby brektzar » January 21st, 2011, 1:28 pm

Try to model one section, the entire section that is, the back front and spokes in one go, and then use arrays to complete it.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Blood55 » January 22nd, 2011, 6:42 am

Thanks,

I did as you suggested and made my less than perfect attempt at the model. I now have a piece of pie shape of the wheel. I followed the instruction on the tutorial found at http://www.blenderguru.com/how-to-make-a-car-wheel/. When I do the add Empty and alt A and then do the alt A on the object, I add an Array modifier and use Empty as the object name in the Array modifier. I then go to the Empty Object and rotate the object. It appears to do what it is supposed to from the side view. However, when I look at the array from the top or user view, it creates a spiral looking array along the X axis instead of keeping all of the arrays in the same plane. Not sure what I did wrong.

Blood55
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Blood55 » January 22nd, 2011, 8:28 am

Never mind. I had the X offset at 1 instead of 0.

Duh

Blood55
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby brektzar » January 22nd, 2011, 9:05 am

Hehe, glad you worked it out :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Modeling