blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

New and frustrated

New and frustrated

Postby Blood55 » January 5th, 2011, 10:32 am

Hi; New at this and still working on figuring out how to do the modeling.

I am trying to do a model of an old car. I tried to do the top of the top and then mirrored the other half. The top is a rag top and so I then tried to do the side of the top using a plane and moving the points of the mess around the side of the top and around the back of the car. The top and the sides are not smooth at all and I have tried to adjust the points to smooth it out. Should I be using a different mess to do rounded edges? I tried using the plane mess as that is what the tutorial uses but I don't know how to get it rounded and smooth.

Maybe I am trying to complicated modeling for my first model? Not sure.

Blood55
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: New and frustrated

Postby 3LeggedDog » January 5th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Hello, Blood55! Um, do you have the object (car) set to smooth?

I would:

1. If you have a graphics card click next to Blender GLSL.
2. Make sure you are in Textured Mode.
3. Make sure you are on the Editing Editor.
4. Click both Auto Smooth and Set Smooth.
5. If you still don't get the smoothing you want you can add a modifier, like smooth or subsurf.

Also, you may want to post a pic. of the model or area that is causing the problems, as this will make it a lot easier to answer your questions. :)

[Edit] I didn't think about it, but you're probably using v2.55; I don't have that version, but the settings should still apply - if you can find them. :(
Settings.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Modeling