blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Need help with Blender Boolean tool.

Need help with Blender Boolean tool.

Postby Jgsstl » July 30th, 2013, 3:19 pm

blender 2013-07-30 19-16-39-31.jpg

I'm new to Blender, I've been using it for a few weeks, this being my third thing being built on Blender, and I was experimenting with the Boolean tool previously, and now it's not doing what it was earlier? When trying to cut out the trigger area, and the trigger guard is molding itself to the piece im using to cut the area out? Screenshots attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jgsstl

Re: Need help with Blender Boolean tool.

Postby IrascibleOne » July 30th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Looks like the settings are okay. Maybe you have the boolean modifier on the wrong object? You want to put the modifier on the object that is getting cut and not the one doing the cutting. I'm not certain if that is the case just from the screenshot.

BTW - Welcome to Dark Scarab!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jgsstl » July 30th, 2013, 9:04 pm

I tried that D: Its really upsetting. Hey, my Skype is Jarrettgs. Anyone interested that wants to add me, by all means go ahead. :p
Jgsstl

Postby Jgsstl » July 30th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Rather, if you'd add me on Skype IrascibleOne, I could show you realtime the problem, and after experimenting for a couple of hours, I found that it tends to happen when you try and use Boolean multiple times on the same object. Maybe a glitch? I have no idea.
Jgsstl

Postby IrascibleOne » July 31st, 2013, 10:56 am

I don't think I can Skype, I don't have a camera or microphone or anything to use for it. (Yeah, I'm that out of touch with the real world... :oops: ).

Could post the blend file if you want or PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the board.

I also did a quick search and didn't see any bugs listed in the bug tracker that seemed related to this issue. Not that it completely rules that out, it's just something to note.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby androb0t » August 1st, 2013, 1:58 pm

selects the shape to which you're going to get the piece, then add modifier> modifier boolean which says intersection, you place difference, then the object that was left as remains, you hide it in another layer. Write me a message on my blog http://androb0t.blogspot.com and upload a tutorial.
androb0t

Return to Modeling