blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » April 2nd, 2013, 11:16 am

OK PEEPS!! I have a new project I want to work on. This one is stepping up the difficulty a notch.

The GOAL is to make Avatar Sprites, and make them audio reactive.

As part of my club build, I want to make PASSIVE 3D Video for a future upgrade. Adding it to my CLUB PROJECT is one thing, yet to see it in action would be INCREDIBLE!!! I think see the sprites all over the place and then draw themselves to dancersm DJ and VJ would be AWESOME!!!!

I have yet to start the project because I an working on a BIG Project right now. This post is to get my brain thinking and moving in the right direction from the start, because all I have been thinking about is Music after Winter Music Conference. Victor Caledrone messed me up and I broke 3 fader on my 1 week old Akai APC40.

WORK IT BEATCH!!!

What woulfd be the best way to start after creating the body and legs. I guess I am talking about the hairs on the top?

THANK YOU!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Re: AVATAR SPRITE W/MOVEMENT!

Postby brektzar » April 2nd, 2013, 12:57 pm

Working with curves might make the leg part easier for you,. You can always convert the curves to a mesh later on and have them be cylinders.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby djm » April 7th, 2013, 2:19 pm

I would; make a small "body" for the center of the sprite, and then go for curves + array modifier to create the dangling thingies which bend over the whole body-portion of the sprite (also, the things which makes the sprite "fly" in the movie). It might not be the best way but that's the easiest - and fastest - way I know of.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » April 7th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Another way to do it would be to model just one of the "legs" and use the spin duplicate tool to spin it 23 times or so around the center. After thats done its just the simple matter of connecting them and making the rest of the sprite left.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Modeling