blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Re: CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 3rd, 2013, 9:34 am

CLean up question. I have many meshes and need to clean up my project a little. I will give you the example of HAND RAILS W/GLASS. I want the Rails to be Chrome, which I have NOT done yet and the GLASS to be Blue, except for one set that will stay clear. I tried to combine them together and when I did, the combined took the material of the glass.

Can I combine objects with different materials and if so, how do I go about doing it.

THANKS!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » February 3rd, 2013, 12:43 pm

If you select the different faces in edit mode you can give the separate materials. Do this by selecting them then going to the materials tab choose the material you want and click apply material.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 3rd, 2013, 2:30 pm

THANKS!!!!

Next question. I need co create a curtain. The curtain will be a heavy fabric and just hang fro the ceiling and no wind physics, just hanging.

I can make the Plane and put the cloth modifier on it. what I was wondering was how to scruch the plane so it does NOT look like a strecthed piece of fabric.

THANKS!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » February 3rd, 2013, 3:12 pm

Do you mean to have the fabric with folds? wavy looking :P If thats is it you could try modelling it like that and then apply a cloth modifier, it might work for you.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 6th, 2013, 1:31 am

I have a plane with a simple curve modifier. I have subdivided several time. If I choose half a the faces can I put ONE material spanning the chosen faces?

The plane is 32 X 9 and I want to split the face into 2 and put 2 materials (videos) side-by-side. can this be done and if I need to delete some of the sub divides, who would I do that.

THANKS!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » February 6th, 2013, 4:04 am

Yes you can set different materials on the chosen faces by doing what i wrote in my previous post.

If you want to delete some edges you cand drag the edge really close or on top of another edged and select all, then press W and choose remove doubles. Thats one way of doing it, you can also go delete it manually if you want to. There are other ways aswell but i guess thats the simples way? :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 10th, 2013, 12:18 pm

What is up? My next question is about Lighting.

FOR EXAMPLE: Take the picture in this link:

http://img.hebus.com/image-telecharger. ... 00&lang=en

How do I light the scene so that the picture looks the same. Black meshes will contain video on the inner sides.

I could not upload a blend becaus the file is to big, so I uploaded a pic. I have tried many different lamps, yet the black part of the video always get white washed.
THANK YOU!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 10th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Played around and figured it out. Lighting is NOT the option. Object Intensity is the option. I turned up to one and all is good.

PLUR!!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 10th, 2013, 1:27 pm

OK. I tried to put a video on the side wall and the video is wrapping around the mesh. I deleted the material and texture and went into edit made and chose the face I wanted the video on and it is wrapping the video still. How do I fix this?

I was thinking, what if I were to copy the faces I want the video on then separate the copied faces from the object, Yet for the life of me, I can not figure out how to seperate the copied planes.

THANKS!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm

I figured it out. You select the faces you want to use in edit mode. Then you need to create a new material with the video and then press the assign button.

i found that I need to change one of the settings to window so the video was not stretched.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

PreviousNext
Return to Modeling