blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 28th, 2013, 3:23 pm

The purpose of this thread is to help centralize my questions and help others with there projects . I know that some of my questions might have been answered and some not, yet keep my questions in place will not clogging up the forum.

My ULTIMATE goal is help myself, while helping others. when the project is done, I will post a link to the finished project. I will also be giving credit, where credit is do, so if you reply, your name will be in the credits . it is only the RIGHT thing to do.

So, with out further ado, my first question is as follows. How do I bend a Plane?

I have uploaded a blend file to give you an idea of what I am looking for. I took a clylinder and delete the faces that I did not need and made it into a wall. when I place my texture on the wall each face get the material and streches, I started a new project with a plane then put my material on it and it worked fine. The Blend file has 2 objects, the cylinder wall I started with and plane. I need the plane to look like the partial cylinder so I can put a texture across the face.

Can some one help me with this?

thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Re: CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 28th, 2013, 7:16 pm

OK. I have found out how to do what I was asking and want to share it with you.

Add a plane and size it to your liking. I made my look like it is a 16X9 wide screen. Go into edit mode and subdivide the plane. the more subdivides, the better the curve. I subdivided 10 times. go back to object mode then click on the modifier tab. choose simple bend. choose bend. this will make the plane look strange. click on the object tab next to where you choose edit mode. go to apply and click on Rotation and scale. now you can adjust the peramters to your hearts content. If you are going to add a texture, I suggest you use smooth.

As I said in the original post, This is for me and the group. If I figure something out, I will post the solution.

PLUR,

The Digital Gigalow.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » January 30th, 2013, 12:49 am

Another way to it would be to add a plane, go into edit mode and add an edge-loop in the center going from top to bottom. Drag that edge back a bit and add a subsurf modifier. done. You might want to add 2 more edges close to the sides of the plane so the corners are less rounded.

Having a special thread for this project is a good idea, you could also have a WIP thread for your other works if you want to. Trying to keep all your stuff in one place makes it easier to find ^^
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 30th, 2013, 12:07 pm

I have another question for the PEEPS. I have uploaded a blender file that needs one more tweak before it is finished. I have a wall the colapses at the end of the the 15 second clip. Everything looks great, but I went through the clips and found that the tiles fall through each other. This is not a problem to the normal eye and I still can use it in the club and no one will notice, I will and it will ALWAYS be on my mind.

So the question is this. How do I make the tiles interact with each other as the fall. I do NOT need it to be razy, just the slightest amount. What would like to see is when they touch each other they spin.

SOOOOOO, I the ONLY thing I want is for the tiles not to go through each other, while keeping the blend mostly untouched.

THANKS!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » January 30th, 2013, 12:34 pm

As far as i know there is no good way to do this, but it can be achieved if you make each tile its own object. But if you do that apply collision to them before you make them separate objects so they all keep that setting. If you do that you will not need to do it on all of them later.

There is a physics tab nect to the particles tab, you can set the collisions there.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 30th, 2013, 12:40 pm

OH WELL. I will deal with it. LMAO!!! My next question will be up soon.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 30th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Simply Indirect Lighting and color question. I use Resolume 4 for my Live acts. I can do ANYTHING with it.

Can I get away with doing a fluid sim with white indirect Lighting. The reason I ask, is because with Resolume 4 I can adjust the color. Color effects people and I need to be able to adjust the color as needed.

THANKS.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » January 30th, 2013, 1:22 pm

I think you should be able to get away with it, but remember to bump up the bounces a few times, depending on the strength of your light. I dont see why you shouldnt be able to get away with it, but why use indirect lighting?
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 30th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Next question. I have a mesh that I put together with five cubes. I though if I combined them and saved as a collada file, they would become one mesh, yet it is not so. the mesh is still 5 cubes. I need to fill the object, yet it can not be filled fully.

I tried deleting the faces needed and adding a mesh, yet I do not know how to connect points like a magnet.

THANKS!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby brektzar » January 31st, 2013, 1:12 am

Press alt+m to merge points.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Next
Return to Modeling