blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Re: CLUB BUILD - EFFECTS

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 11th, 2013, 6:48 pm

On the side walls, I had issues with placing the video. the video would stretch, double, and ddo crazy crap. I had to UV wrap the side. it all looks great. Now I need to do my curved stage walls. I am going to have to UV WRAP them also.

Question, wjile in uv editor, how do I select the image so I can make it the same size of a face?

THANK YOU!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » February 11th, 2013, 7:06 pm

I don't have Blender in front of me right now to check, but I don't think you can do anything with the image itself in the UV editor. If I remember correctly, you'll have to select the face you want the image on, then move the corresponding vertices in the UV editor so they are on the corners of the image.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 11th, 2013, 11:11 pm

OK, Hello again. I have another question. I have 2 planes with a simple deform. I on each of them I put a video material. The video is great, yet it is on both sides and I only need it on the front side. how do I fix it so it is on just the front side?

The Picture shows the back side of the plane. I tried to make a duplicate and made it black and move it back, yet the video was still on the duplicate and I could not get rid of it.

THANKS
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 13th, 2013, 3:36 pm

I have found out why my BLACK material was not showing in texture mode. 3D mode shows the video on both sides, but if I render a pic, then the black material is there.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » February 14th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Might have to do with Normals. There is a setting called 'Double Sided' in the Normals section of the Object Data tab of the Properties panel. I'm not totally certain if that works for textures too, but it's worth a shot.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 18th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Dicso Lights and disco ball question.

Disco ball is created. I would like to know how to set the spot lights so they reflect off the mirrored surface like you see in a dance club.

Disco lights, I have 2 questions and this is going to be the difficult part. First, I want to take a simple take a spot light and put a video material. the video is a simple looping light trail. what I want to o is have the spotlight shoot the the video so it hit the floor like disco lights in a dance club. the second question is more difficult. i will make a housing to go around the spotlight to make it look like a disco light. One of my main wall videos has audio. I want the spot and house to react to the beat of the music. This will be simple movement like a left to right movement.

THANK YOU, AGAIN!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 19th, 2013, 4:04 pm

OK, this what I have found out. the disco ball is out of the picture right now beause Blender doe no have the capability to throw light around. I will add that later.

I am still having issues with with the disco lights. I am able to choose the material (video) i want to use, but still am not getting the result I am looking for. So this is what I am going to try. I am going to make a path and attach a plane with the video on it. the question is, how to I link the path and plane. after that how do I set it sos the plane goes forward and when it gets to the end of the path, it reverses back.

THANK YOU!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 19th, 2013, 7:20 pm

OK. I have got the circle following the path, now I need to make it go back and forth. How owuld I go about accomplish this?

THANKS!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » February 21st, 2013, 10:58 am

I think I would animate it going back and forth once. Then make sure that animation is saved as an action in the action editor. Then in the NLA editor, click the snowflake on you action you want to repeat, open the right hand sidebar in that window and change the repeat setting to the number of times you need you animation to repeat.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » February 28th, 2013, 10:06 pm

PROGRESS REPORT - I have just figured out the disco lights. now I have to think about the amount of lights and placement. Then I need to make the roof. I have a DJ gigi on saturday so I will start rendering the project on Sunday morning. After I render I nee to make an intro video with shout outs and the logo and name. Then I eill be sending in my Copyright Application.

After I am finished with all the above, I will post on my Facebook Fan Page and post a link here.

PLUR!!!
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

PreviousNext
Return to Modeling