blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Connecting Mesh's together for fluid sim

Connecting Mesh's together for fluid sim

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 25th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Hello PEPES!!! Been a long time since I have been back. So Long I forgot my password. LOL!!!

I am building a Club and need some help with connecting 7 objects together so I can fill them with fluid. the object is one side of the club, so I will mirror the object to make both sides of the club.

Thanks for the help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Re: Connecting Mesh's together for fluid sim

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 25th, 2013, 2:28 pm

some who, the first blend was wrong. the one with 7 CUBES is the one I am trying to connect and fill.

Thanks for your Help
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » January 26th, 2013, 11:38 am

You can join objects into one object to make them one object with Ctrl-J. After that you would have to go into edit mode, create new vertices where you need the pieces connected. When you have all of the vertices set up you can press W and choose 'Remove Doubles' to get the pieces connected as one.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheDigitalGigalow » January 26th, 2013, 1:15 pm

thanks. I went and did it the hard way, i used planes extrude and saved as a mesh. I can now fill the mesh.

I do have two more questions. How would I go about putting a video on a face of an object. It does not have to be wrapped, just one side. The second question, should I produce a video before hand? reason for this question is because the video will be 2:30 video with different effects.

This is going to take me some time, but if when I get the project finished, I will post a a link to the video.

Also, I will have a lot of questions pertaining to this project and was wonder if I show start a NEW thread called CLUB BUILD? The reason I ask is because I believe most of my questions will help others with there projects.

Thanks for your help.
TheDigitalGigalow
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » January 27th, 2013, 9:58 pm

I believe you can use a video as a texture and put it onto an object the same way you would use an image texture. I've done it before, but it was so long ago that I think I did it with 2.49 or earlier, so I am not sure if anything has changed in that regard.

Do you mean making a video before hand and overlaying it on the object as opposed to rendering a video directly on your object? I'd say video before-hand unless you think there might be issues with going back and forth and tweaking things over and over until proportions are right. Positioning a video texture shouldn't be too much of an issue is proportions are easy to do.

Sure, feel free to make a new thread. I think it could definitely help newer users if you have lots of questions.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modeling