blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

More Concept Art

Re: More Concept Art

Postby Rezeul » March 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

ok heres the blend. file link http://www.sendspace.com/file/vracku, texture at will since i know i suck haha.

BTW it still wouldn't let me upload the blend file straight to the forum so i'll just use sendspace.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Sazex » March 7th, 2009, 11:04 pm

The turret looks nice, but do you think it should be rigged? so it can move
"better"
to make it more easy to animate?
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby Rezeul » March 8th, 2009, 3:15 pm

yeah i still have to rig it, i just wanted to see what you guys thought of the modeling first before i rigged it.

btw do you think we should have a another style ship so that its not just the same looking ships fighting each other? just a thought.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Sazex » March 8th, 2009, 4:18 pm

well we should so that the viewer could easily identify the difference between ships,
and won't get lost in between the video lol,
but if thats too hard to model,
we could just copy the first ship and have the ship to be red or something and the other one could be blue :P
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby IrascibleOne » March 8th, 2009, 7:13 pm

I was thinking about that issue and so far I have this answer:

If we want to make a difference:
We should have the same general shape, yet tweak a few things that would make one slightly different. Something like making one ship be much wider or something... Also, we could create a symbol for each of the ships and plaster it on the side. They don't have to mean anything, just to show there is a difference.

Or not:
Either that or we could flat out leave them the same. Because, at the moment we are not really focusing on sides and we are just making a battle. If I knew we were going to make more based around this than I would really focus on making sure they looked different, but I think the point of this is to show a battle between two big ships.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rezeul » March 8th, 2009, 9:08 pm

yeah, i think doing different symbols would be good.

i put the blend file up so that one of you can texture it because iam definatly not the best at textureing.

yeah i agree that it needs to look heavier... i could add some folds to it, ill tinker with it when iam done with the ship. i plan on finishing tonight, if i do i'll put some renders and and the file up ASAP.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Nismo » March 8th, 2009, 11:34 pm

They could be quite different with the texturing, one side could be an Imperial forces ship the other a rebel (star wars referenced but you get the idea :lol: ) the imperial one would be much tidier and uniform whilst the rebel one would be dirty, pictures/logo etc on the the sides.

my 2 cents :)

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » March 9th, 2009, 12:47 pm

yeah that would work.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » March 9th, 2009, 1:08 pm

ok heres the WIP spaceship.
tell me what you guys think so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Sazex » March 9th, 2009, 1:40 pm

well, we should have a difference no matter in texturing or in modeling, because, it may just
be a fight but the user will get lost in between, and if they were "rooting for a ship" they probably might not be able to find out who won in the end, btu even if they weren't rooting for the ship,
they should know that thetwo ships are fighting against eachother for the first few seconds,
because if we don't show that there different from each other, then they might think that they were
on the same team, maybe they might realize it sooner, but maybe some might not even realize it at
all! So i highly think that we should show the difference in either the textures or the modeling :D
Sazex
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext
Return to 1st Community Project