blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

First things first...

First things first...

Postby IrascibleOne » February 22nd, 2009, 7:09 pm

Since a few people have voiced that they were interested in helping out in a community project I decided to set up this section of the forum.

So, the first thing I would like to make official is what we are actually going to do. I know a few people voiced their opinion, including myself, but I want to be sure everyone understands what is going on. Basically we have two choices, we can make a game or we can make an animation.

Here is what I think:
Personally I would rather do a nice animation rather than a game mostly because I know we don't have anyone who is really good with Python yet and a game will rely on that. Also I would not like to see a project crash and burn in a fiery inferno because we were waiting for a Python user.

There is my opinion. Let me know what you would like to do and possibly some reasoning behind your choice. After we get this done we can start making a storyline and figuring out how large of a project we really want this to be.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First things first...

Postby Rezeul » February 22nd, 2009, 9:04 pm

I agree i don't think we should try a game even though you can do it without Python it's very time consuming.

i think an animated short film would be good.

Edit- Btw i just wanted to say i love what you did to the model on the home page!
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Nismo » February 22nd, 2009, 11:20 pm

Animation for me because of the lack python know how and how time consuming the game engine can be.

So yeah animation.

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » February 23rd, 2009, 9:20 am

so how many people will be working on this?
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Sazex » February 23rd, 2009, 4:34 pm

i also would like a short animation or something
because im already trying to get a game going on another website,
lol, its not going to go anywhere anytime soon though

so i want to help make an animation
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby IrascibleOne » February 23rd, 2009, 7:10 pm

Well, that's pretty much unanimous so far. As for how many people there are going to be...There have been about 6 people who have voiced interest in helping out.

I don't want to rush things, as I'm not sure everyone has seen this thread or been able to post a reply but I want to get a jump start on choosing storyline. If you have a story in mind or know someone who might be able to make a good short story for an animation be ready to throw it out there. I have a friend who likes to write Scifi stories so I might ask to see what he can come up with. I've spoken to him about animating his stories, so I think he would be happy to contribute.

I am going to assume there will be multiple stories so we can make the final decision later on. I'll start another thread sometime in the next few days so all of you can post any ideas you have.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rezeul » February 23rd, 2009, 7:38 pm

ok, i might be able to come up with a Fantasy short story or episode like story.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Return to 1st Community Project