blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

So, what's going on?

So, what's going on?

Postby IrascibleOne » May 11th, 2009, 9:42 pm

There haven't been too many updates on this over the last week or two and was wondering what's going on. Where are we at right now? Anyone working on anything at the moment?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So, what's going on?

Postby Nismo » May 12th, 2009, 1:50 am

I've been working on the star field inbetween the f1 comp and college work, nothing to update on really

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » May 12th, 2009, 11:13 am

i actually forgot about this :oops:
iam a little on the blank about what to do though :wall:
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » May 12th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Alrighty, off the top of my head, the last I saw, someone was working on the ship. I don't think we had the turrets on it yet. I don't remember if the turrets were textured or not...From what I could tell that was all that really needed to be doing, correct me if I am wrong, please. Once we get that done, I believe we can start the animating and doing anything I am forgetting about at the moment.

Eventually we will need some explosions and some mashing of ships and what-not. Also some special effects will be needed, like the thrusters of the ship. I think we will need ship shrapnel as well, floating around in space, so someone could model that stuff. Someone also mentioned the use of a planet in the background, so if someone wanted to go ahead and do that then that would be cool.

So, if anyone sees something they would like to do, go ahead and jump on it, call dibs, or whatever.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » May 12th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Dibs on sfx, like explosions, thrusters, etc.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Rezeul » May 19th, 2009, 5:37 pm

so...is this trashed or on hold or what?
just wondering.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » May 19th, 2009, 7:03 pm

It's still in progress as far as I know. I haven't had any time to work on it personally since my opening animation thingy. I hope people are doing something...I don't think we even have the ship done completely yet...

My assessment is that everything is just going very slow. It's still here, but no one is putting in the effort (or maybe don't have the time) like we had at the beginning.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » May 20th, 2009, 1:44 am

If someone wants to give me an animation outline, I need that before I can start putting in special effects.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Nismo » May 20th, 2009, 7:10 am

IrascibleOne wrote:It's still in progress as far as I know. I haven't had any time to work on it personally since my opening animation thingy. I hope people are doing something...I don't think we even have the ship done completely yet...

My assessment is that everything is just going very slow. It's still here, but no one is putting in the effort (or maybe don't have the time) like we had at the beginning.

I have had a lot of deadline for work at college recently but i have the next week off (from today till next Friday :Dance: :Dance: :Dance: )

I'm not to sure what i should be working on now so give me a prod if anyone needs something doing. Do the story board still need to be done?

SPARTAN-001 wrote:If someone wants to give me an animation outline, I need that before I can start putting in special effects.

Is this it? it's what Irascible posted when we started

The way I see it, we'll focus on a one-on-one capital ship duel. Start with a still frame, empty, starry field, perhaps with nebulae in the background. Peaceful, serene, maybe some calming tune.
A piece of wreckage floats lazily past, what looks like mangled armor plate. It gets about two thirds of the way across the screen.

Then, out of nowhere, the scene is almost filled by the ship passing close, you can only see the top face as it strikes the floating wreckage and sends it spiraling off-camera.

The camera backs out, showing the ship speeding headlong towards an enemy ship (of similar design, this is a civil war going on). If you feel adventurous, you can have some others in the distant background, passing by each other as explosions rock both of them.

Camera zooms into the other vessel, its side facing the advancing ship. A couple of main or secondary gun turrets slewing towards the target and opening fire, flashes of electric blue as the shells leave each barrel in turn.

The advancinng vessel is taking hits all along its frontal face. Some shells don't explode, but leave deep, mangeld scars in the frontal armor. Some of them do explode on the surface, blackening the armor plate and buckling it. Still others glance off the steeply sloped face, flying off into space. Still the agressor draws near.

We see another round of firing turrets from the defending ship. Next scene the charging vessel's forward turrets do some counter-battery fire, we watch these shells hit the turrets of the defendning ship, damaging some of them.

The camera jumps to a view to the right rear of the attacker, the massive vents open fully and massive streaks of blue energy are vented as the ship accelerates to ramming velocity.
The defender tries to strafe up, but the attacker matches the movement.

From high amidships on the defending vessel, we see the attacker hit at speed. You can cut here, or, if you feel like a challenge, show the ramming ship plow into the victim, armor plates buckling around the nose of the ship as plates and external components go flying and the camera if buffeted by the massive impact.

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » May 20th, 2009, 7:25 am

No, I need an actual rough animation, so that i can add some particle effects and stuff. Also a script of what should happen would be nice, otherwise i don't know what to do.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Next
Return to 1st Community Project