blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Texturing

Texturing

Postby Nismo » March 17th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Its probably a good idea for me to start a texturing thread for models to keep the concept art thread tidy.

I've only managed to get around to staring today unfortunately I seem to be unable to unwrap the ship into any logical projection so i decided to go for procedural (i think thats the word :D ) textures with limited success also i have put some greebles on it like Irascible was going to do, what do you think of them?

next i'm gonna work on the engines and some sort of logo for the sides.

Nismo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Re: Texturing

Postby IrascibleOne » March 17th, 2009, 3:30 pm

That looks really nice. One thing I want to make sure you do is be sure to get all of the thrusters in there, whether by texturing or modeling. After this and the turret is textured, we will have to put the turrets on as well, along with placing the ones that are basically holes in the ship. I am not sure how many close-ups we will have but I'd rather have all of the details in there just in case.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rezeul » March 17th, 2009, 10:17 pm

wow! i like it! i was going to do something like that but i could decide how i was going to do it.
i wonder why you can't unwrap it?
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » April 19th, 2009, 8:54 pm

ok so i was messing around with the "Collision Course" ship and it just doesn't give that "capital ship" feel in terms of how big it looks ya know what i mean? so i got to thinking and i dup'd the ship scaled it to make it look smaller and it makes the ship look way better if it has something or things smaller next to it. i'll post a picture in a minute of what i mean.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Rezeul » April 19th, 2009, 9:02 pm

ok heres a really quick image to see if you guys have the same opinion. then again this is a tiny animation and you probably don't want to have to worry about animating alot of lil ships. just thought i'd voice this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » April 19th, 2009, 9:30 pm

I like that idea. The smaller ones look like they are way in the background. It gives the scene some depth, which is good. I think the another way to make the ship look big is going to be when we are handling the camera. Lot's of close-ups might help make the ship look bigger and help show the size of the ship.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rezeul » April 20th, 2009, 5:54 am

ya it's not just me haha :Dance: , but i know what you mean by close ups it's probably better then trying to animate alot of ships :wtf:
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Sazex » April 20th, 2009, 3:29 pm

well you can also look at size after we have our background and stuff
with everything there i think it should make it look bigger :D
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Return to 1st Community Project