blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

New Video Player

New Video Player

Postby IrascibleOne » February 22nd, 2010, 10:42 pm

Found a new video player that I could use and design as my own. I have put it up on Imantu right now if you want to check it out. My plan is to use this design in when I get the new version of Imantu up and running.

If you have any thoughts about it please let me know. Two issues, in my opinion, is full screen and volume control. I would have liked to make them as buttons in the controlbar, but due to the way this is done, I cannot do that. However, full screen can be done by double clicking on the video. As for volume control, don't have that yet. I guess that is the price I pay for not having/knowing how to use Flash.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Video Player

Postby djm » February 23rd, 2010, 11:59 am

I can try to help you out with the flash part on this, actually. Although I need to find my own files where I played around with drop-down menus, volume controll and more.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

Art Portfolio:
Portfolio!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » March 17th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Alright, I actually got my hands on some decent software! Specifically, I got Expression Blend 3 and what that means is that I have been given the ability to create Silverlight apps.

Considering that along with the fact that the free player I was using was unable to play audio files correctly, I have created my own player and I have put it up on the testing page: http://www.imantu.com/test/ My plan is to shift everything on the site over to work with Silverlight.

That means if you do not have Silverlight you will have to get install it. Basically it is the Microsoft equivalent of Flash if you didn't know already. Your feedback on the player is appreciated!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » March 17th, 2010, 10:57 pm

The player is very good, its not filled with useless functions like most others are.
It also fills its purpose, i had no problem viewing the animation. But i had silverlight installed since WAAAY back ^^ I was in the process of learning it when i grew tired of all the coding stuff, so i quit xD (i was "teaching" myself by using tutorials) And i have to disagree with you about the equivalent of flash ;) Silverligth should be alot more customizable, a friend of mine uses it and he completely left flash because silverlight does everything better :P However i havnt really tried much beyond"Hello World!" so i cant say, but silverlight on websites do seem nicer than many flash apps etc.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » March 17th, 2010, 11:39 pm

Yes, you are right Silverlight is not equal to Flash and I agree that Silverlight is better in many many ways. I just find that when I have to explain what it is (like I have over the last few days to my family and friends), it is easiest just to say it is like Flash than to go and explain it to them. I can see their eyes glaze over when I use terms that seem so trivial to me, but when I say Flash they are like "Oh yeah, I know that."

But so far, compared to my experience with the Flash trial, I love Silverlight and there is no way I am going to go to Flash now.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » March 18th, 2010, 11:45 am

Hehe, sounds rough ;)

Glad to hear your liking silverlight, many "developers" wont even give it a glanse, its microsoft so its evil ;)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Imantu