blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Vimeo-Flash problem

Vimeo-Flash problem

Postby Extreme » April 5th, 2011, 1:47 am

Of old experience is good to question in many places to get the best results and answers.

Here comes the question. All of us Blender users have used Vimeo because there are only two options Youtube and Vimeo. Starting to get my huge problem downloading my blend files to my Vimeoalbum.

After all years I have used Vimeo I can their rules and requirements of codecs and compression necessities in their sleep and they are added by default. AVI - H.264 HD 1920 x 1080 pixels, 25 frames and this has worked in 300-400 times without problems.

All of a sudden a few days ago, I can not download my blend files to my Vimeoalbum. I keep getting messages that compression-settings are wrong, even though they are the same as always.

I began to suspect that my recent upgrade of my iMac Intel 64 bit 10.6.6 to 10.6.7 last week has played out Flash 10.2.

So I went into the tools folder and uninstalled both Flash10.2 (Vimeo requirements) and Adobe Air and on Internet downloaded them and re-installed the last versions, without improvement.

Vimeo Support is completely uninterested in the problem, although I am paid Plus Member.
Starting to get frustrating to not get any help.
Are you here on the forum experienced the same thing and how you solved the problem. That there is a Flash problem is almost proven.
Grateful for answers. :) Extreme
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Re: Vimeo-Flash problem

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 5th, 2011, 2:11 am

I'm sorry, but I really haven't dealt with Vimeo enough to come across this problem. I'll do some more research though, and see what I can turn up that might help you on the subject.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Extreme » April 5th, 2011, 8:53 am

Hei Spartan. I have been using Vimeo for years and download plenty of blenderfiles in to my Vimeoalbum. I think it is Flash 10.2 as making problem last week I upgrade my iMac from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7 the problem started after that.
All Codec I use is the same as always and Vimeo convert blendfiles to AVI or MOV but from last week there is BLE????? BLE dont exist http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... 182548.png

I dont know what to do to solv the problem.

:)
Extreme
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 11th, 2011, 3:28 am

Sorry for the delayed response. I'll do some testing by uploading videos to Vimeo, and see what happens. I'll tell you what I come up with.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Extreme » April 15th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Hello

I'm getting confused. When you name and save a Blender project you doing this with the " name_blend ", or is it enough with only ( . ) "name.blend" and when you convert the blendfile to Youtube or Vimeo so must all blend file (name) Example: cartoon_blend, be used, but that's the problem in both Vimeo and YouTube. If I convert one Screen Flow file that has always avi at the end. Example: cartoon.avi you can always convert them at Vimeo and YouTube in to videos.

But if you rename a blendfil by Example: cartoon_blend to cartoon.avi you have to do this in Blender and it does not work at all, because Blender will automatically add _blend behind cartoon.avi_blend. So I'm totally lost. My blendfileconverting has worked perfectly for years, but not for the last 2 weeks..
Strange and frustrating.

See you
Extreme.
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 15th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Are you rendering the videos, and saving the renders as video? Or are you just taking the .blend files and renaming them to .avi?
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Extreme » April 16th, 2011, 12:36 am

Hello
Of course, I render all the animations by pressing the Animbutton , somtimes it takes 20 minutes or 24 hours to render , depending on size . Then I click Ctrl + W Save over and open up Vimeo and try to convert the blendfile cartoon.blend to be a video, but this dont work any longer.

Kalle
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » April 17th, 2011, 12:42 pm

I can't say how you managed to do it before, but from what it sounds like and what I know about blend files, that shouldn't have ever worked.

When you render a video it saves either the video or the sequence of images (depending on your output settings) for that render in a temp file (mine is in C:\tmp). That video file is the one you want to upload, not the blend file. The blend file cannot be converted to a video because it is not a video and as far as I know Blender is the only program that knows what to do with it. So Vimeo probably has no clue what to do with it and just saves it and shortens the extension to three characters for whatever reason.

Then again, I don't have VimeoPlus, so maybe there is something in there that I don't know about. But my suggestion would be to find out where Blender saves the renders and try uploading the video you find there.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Tech Talk