blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Cheap Webhosting

Cheap Webhosting

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 4th, 2011, 9:43 am

I recently discovered an exploit to get premium webhosting from JustHost for around $32.85 USD for two years. It involves the fact that Singapore dollars are worth less than USD and a 50% coupon code.

Read here: http://www.blackhatmoneymaker.com/forum ... xtras.html

I scoured the JustHost ToA and there is not a clause about this workaround.

I have read many many negative reviews about JustHost and their policies, I suppose this shall be my first experiment with them. Will let you know how it turns out.

If all else fails, I think FatCow hosting services have the best reviews I have read so far for price.

Just thought I would share.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cheap Webhosting

Postby themitchel0 » February 4th, 2011, 12:23 pm

personaly, id choose Ipage, they sound downright amazing.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » February 4th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Interesting :think: I have thought about changing hosts whenever I decide to upgrade, if I ever need to.

Although I dunno if I will change. I still have 1and1, still like it. There are only a few minor inconveniences here and there. Lots of people jump on the hate bandwagon for them, but a company is bound to have tons of haters when they have as many customers as they do. Same as any other huge company.

Signed someone else up for GreenGeeks and so far they have been no trouble at all. And if you get that guilty dirty feeling inside thinking about how bad servers are for the environment, these guys might clear your conscience.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby drudam » February 23rd, 2011, 12:12 pm

I would recommend some alternatives. Most mentioned web hosting companies are justhost, hostgator, goddady. But now they are relying on their name and since then the services are not quite the same as before. Now I am looking an offers from one.com for and seems pretty much interesting which comes with free support but anyway just to let you know.
drudam

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 24th, 2011, 6:40 pm

I would just like to confirm that this exploit works even after all of these years. If you want to park ad-sites, this is the only time I'd ever recommend JustHost, absolutely awful.

I'm still writing my guide on DarkScarab, but I guess I'll just put this here JUST in case:

1) Never buy Justhost (the only time you should ever buy into JustHost is with the exploit and for the sole intent of parking an ad site: DO NOT BUY).

2) Never register a domain name with 1and1. Never. Absolutely horrible. Go with Enom or some other reputable domain registrar. Seriously. ICANN regulations (which are universally binding; rule applies regardless of registrar) forbid me to transfer the two domains I bought from 1and1 for sixty days. Sixty whole days of slow, lazy, time-wasting 1and1. More on that in my completed guide.

3) Always do your research and series and series of negative user reviews are never wrong. I recommend this site: http://www.webhostingreviews.com/ for determining whether a host is good or not.

I bought into HostGator and I am extremely satisfied. It's amazing, up to 25% cpu usage on a shared plan (you won't find better anywhere else), unlimited domains on a $8 a month plan, and the customer service is SUPERB. I had to call in to activate my newly created account with them, I was on the phone for less than 3 minutes. About 10 seconds of hold time total. Without sounding like a spambot, I highly recommend them.

Cheers!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » February 24th, 2011, 9:27 pm

Dictator-for-life wrote:Never register a domain name with 1and1

Too late. Although, I have never had to move anything, deal with customer support, or anything like that, so I haven't had a problem yet.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 24th, 2011, 10:31 pm

From what I've heard, 1and1 has horrible customer service and there are multiple accounts of 1and1 making it extremely difficult for any customer to cancel once they are in. That's just for hosting.

I almost went with their hosting because you said you had no problems, but I ended up playing it safe and going with HostGator. 1and1 did look great so I thought I would buy my domain names from them. Big mistake. This guy nails my frustrations to a T:

http://blog.monkeyless.com/2008/07/28/1 ... e-process/

So I registered 2 domain names with them yesterday and I was notified that the domain names would be up in 24 hours. All other registrars would have had it waaaay waaay earlier than 24 hours, but 1and1 is choosing to cut it very close with me. I can see the domain is ALREADY registered, but they would rather park their own "Sedo" ad spot on my domain for as long as they can before handing me the keys. After they FINALLY give me control, I'll be able to point the DNS servers to my HostGator (so Hostgator can FINALLY host my website on MY domain), but that'll take ANOTHER 3 days for them to do. Not to mention that they make the site pointers a cumbersome challenge to change. Again, any respectable, normal web registrar will usually have both processes done within a reasonable few hours. This is ridiculous how long they choose to hold out on me.

And even then 1and1 will still make my WHOIS appear so that it looks like 1and1 has hosting rights to my domain name. And then there's the problem with 1and1 taking days just to update basic WHOIS contact information, I can see where they run into billing issues with their customers when they send the collections after you..

I am very dissatisfied with 1and1 and I really want to transfer, but ICANN regulations forbid any newly registered sites from transferring for 60 days. So I am stuck.

I can't speak for their hosting (they have bad reviews for hosting), but never register a domain name under them. Again, I wish I knew not to fall for sale prices. Just pay the full price, you'll get your money's worth.
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jelly456 » February 16th, 2013, 3:32 am

Nice sharing drudam,
I don't have experience about that site.
Personally i use XnYnZ.com Here i hosted my website.They provided good technical support.I like their services.
jelly456

Postby bonrw1 » September 25th, 2014, 1:02 am

There is a free WordPress web hosting service WWW.xonar.org

I used it to host my site, and it's really clear, quick to get a fre site!
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby Alpha 3D » October 31st, 2014, 5:52 pm

bonrw1 wrote:There is a free WordPress web hosting service http://WWW.xonar.org

I used it to host my site, and it's really clear, quick to get a fre site!

You have a website?! :D
God Makes ALL The Difference! :D
Portfolio: towercg.weebly.com
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Return to Tech Talk