blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

good domain names

good domain names

Postby themitchel0 » July 22nd, 2010, 4:35 pm

anyone have anyideas for a good domain name for a 3d modeling site, anything about 3d modeling. also the site may be a a file hosting site, and to sell all my works, which could be anything, games, programs, anything like that, thanks, themitchel0
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Re: good domain names

Postby IrascibleOne » July 23rd, 2010, 10:45 am

The very first things that pop up in my head would be things like 3Dhost, 3d hosting or something like that. However, if they aren't already taken (especially the .com ones) it would be a surprise to me. Variations could work as well, like 3Dlocker or 3D storage.

If you have a theme to go around then I think it would be easier for you. For instance, with 3DOcean, Ocean has nothing to do with 3D, but they were able to get the domain because the ocean isn't what you think of when you think of 3D so no one had it. Domain horders like the generic domains. So, for 3DOcean, it worked with their theme so it worked out well. You can also make up words. I did for Imantu and sure enough no one had it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby themitchel0 » July 24th, 2010, 4:45 pm

ok thanks
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 24th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Do you plan to get views? I've been doing a ton of research lately on domaining and reselling. If you want the views, you will need an easy to remember name, a catch phrase perhaps. Something that flows readily. In my studies about SEO (search engine optimization) I came across this: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

If you want to get on the ranks quickly, I would pick a domain name that gets lots of hits per month, but isn't obvious or already taken. If you need to, settle for a .net or a .org if the .com is taken. Honestly it really doesn't matter, and sometimes .net has a nice ring to it :)

Good luck.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby themitchel0 » February 24th, 2011, 6:17 pm

thanks, the one that i settled with, is very lengthy, but oh well, the site is live, but im still getting it set up/ built :D here it is if you want to look at it. http://philandbradareidiots.com
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 24th, 2011, 6:26 pm

:lol: Haha, the name is very nice. And memorable too!
Site is looking good so far, I will be looking for the finished project for sure. Cheers!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby themitchel0 » February 25th, 2011, 8:01 am

thanks,that means a lot!
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby simson33 » September 1st, 2012, 3:05 am

themitchel0 wrote:thanks,that means a lot!

If you want to get lots more good domain name, you can search in google or bing. may be it helpful for you.
simson33
Still New
Still New

Return to Tech Talk