blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

what makes a computer run slow?

what makes a computer run slow?

Postby themitchel0 » January 4th, 2011, 3:08 pm

hi guyss, what would cause a computer to run slow? the computer is new, bought less than 3 months ago, runs windows 7, has sufficient ram (3 gigs) and a so so processor () i have defragged it, and cleaned the registry with advanced system care, i have also defragged the registry, using the same program. does anyone know what could of caused the speed to go down? for the first 2 weeks or so it was amazing, then it started to go down. is this in the computers hardware? or in the os? any help would be nice! thanks.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Re: what makes a computer run slow?

Postby SPARTAN-001 » January 4th, 2011, 3:11 pm

It could be any number of things, but the first that comes to mind is a virus. Do you have antivirus on the system?
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby brektzar » January 4th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Always scan for potential malware, its the cause of many many slow PCs ^^
Another thing, if you have, for example, 1 gig left of space on you 500 GB HDD it WILL be slow, it wont have anything to work with.

Also make sure your processor isnt too hot, it will slow down if it is and eventually break.

Theres A LOT of things that can slow down your PC, my first check is usually scanning my computer, cleaning my PC from all the "residual" files, etc..

Defragmenting should be done at least monthly, and scanning should be done at least once a week.
Using disk cleanup often is also good, it will get rid of most of your unecessary files, not all but most of it.

I would also recommend using ad-aware to scan your PC for malware, i do hope you have an anti virus and a firewall allready installed. :P

(I know spartan mentioned the virus thing, but i didnt see until i was about to post it ^^)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby themitchel0 » January 4th, 2011, 3:25 pm

well, its not my system ;) but, i believe it does, i dont know if its a full fledged antivirus, but its called Norton internet security, and it does scan the computer itself, and it has a automatic defragmentation software on it. and what is ad aware, is it just a malware scanner, deleter thing :D? and there is amply space on the drives(s)
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » January 4th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Norton internet security is a full fledged anti virus and firewall, but i do suggest you scan it yourself from now on.

Ad-aware is a virus and spyware scanner so to speak(the free version) and i think its really good ^^
go to lavasoft.com and get the free version and do a scan. You can also use other tools such as hijackthis and spybot S&D, but i think ad-aware should be enough for now.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby themitchel0 » January 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

ok thanks, if its still running sloww ill ask here.
thanks again!
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » January 4th, 2011, 3:54 pm

No problem :)
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby simson33 » September 13th, 2012, 5:15 am

If your problem not be solve yet please partition your computer and using high powerful pc protector.
simson33
Still New
Still New

Return to Computers