blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Bought A New Computer!

Bought A New Computer!

Postby IrascibleOne » September 17th, 2015, 6:48 pm

Just dropped about $1800USD (plus ~$200 for a bunch of other things) for a Zeus Mini. Was going to build my own, but I figured the few hundred I could have saved wouldn't be worth the time and effort to learn how to build a computer that I'll probably use for 5+ years.

Basic Specs
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six-Core 3.30GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
256GB SANDISK SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo
16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
ASUS GeForce Turbo GTX 970 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell)

Anyways, pretty excited to see what it will be able to do when I get it. Will do a render test when it shows up, maybe compare it to my current 6 year old Dell. Am also curious how quick BOINC will run on it too...would be another interesting test.

In any case, :Dance: :Dance: I will finally have a decent computer! :Dance: :Dance:
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bought A New Computer!

Postby brektzar » September 17th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Nice!
That is basically what i have :P I dont have DDR4(holding off on that)
Other than some minor differences you will probably have a similar experience in Blender.
For me, blender works fast and usually without issues, i rarely use all availible RAM and i dont fill the vRAM too fast when rendering either.
So what this means for you is bigger scenes, more polygons and pretty materials. Also, the amount of vRAM on your GPU will allow for alot of stuff to be rendered in Cycles without using render layers.

At least thats my experience, upgraded from a 680 to the 970 and i am real happy with it :)

Will you be playing any gorgeous games on your new PC? :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » September 19th, 2015, 10:16 am

Yep, I definitely plan to! :D I bought GTA V and a Xbox controller to start me out, but am a bit out of the loop since I haven't played video games much for a very long time now. Now that I will actually be able to play games made in this decade, I'll have to find what I've missed out on.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » September 19th, 2015, 12:32 pm

That sounds awesome!
Im betting youll have tons of fun then :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Computers