blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Unreal Engine 3 and more in your browser!

Unreal Engine 3 and more in your browser!

Postby brektzar » April 9th, 2013, 8:53 am

Mozilla is working on porting several new things to the web. For example the Unreal Engine 3! So in the not too far off future we could have good looking games on the internet, no more of that runescape crap!

The guys over at Mozilla is even porting Bullet, the physics engine in Blender! :D
These guys are so awesome so they have even posted several demos of what they are working on.

Visit emscripten here:
https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki

I encourage you all to take a look, theres not just game related stuff there, they have been busy with alot of other things aswell.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Re: Unreal Engine 3 and more in your browser!

Postby IrascibleOne » April 10th, 2013, 9:47 pm

That is so cool, it's amazing how powerful Javascript is and how much we can really do.

Maybe by the time I get around to making my own game, I can just release it on the web!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unreal Engine 3 and more in your browser!

Postby brektzar » April 10th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Yeah , there was a company working on a good cloud gaming solution aswell. Play your games over the internet without having to use your own components. Imagine playing the witcher 2, crysis 3 or BF4 on a tablet :P

Personally i prefer to have my games on my computer though. But if it really works well its not a bad idea, besides the always have to be online aspect of it..
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Computers