blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Project Frixion (the Legend Of Spyro Movie series)

Project Frixion (the Legend Of Spyro Movie series)

Postby Skijarama » December 3rd, 2011, 10:06 pm

Hello.

My name is Skijarama, A voice actor for a legend of spyro movie project being made with blender, Project Frixion.

Our goal is to recreate the legend of Spyro games in the movie format that was once announce,d but got canceled. And we intend to do it RIGHT. However, we are short handed, to the extremest of degrees. And recently, the director of the project, Niblet, or GM, depending on the site, abandoned the project. We are also losing members faster than we are gaining, due to life getting in the way.

the situations bleak, which is why i came here. I wish to recruit the aid of some well talented modelers and animators. (some voice actors would not hurt either.) I know that the legend of Spyro series was NOT very popular, and I'm pretty sure a number of you haven't even heard of it. regardless, I am here, asking for help.

Now, i will warn you now, there aren't a whole lot of benefits. obviously, we cant earn money off of this. Our goal, is to entertain others, and have fun while making it. I'll also warn you, this is no small project. 4 movies. (there is a spin off that covers the events between the eternal nigh,t and awn of the dragon.) I can understand if you want no part, but all 4 movies may note even happen. its all based on the reception of the first one.

Please note, I am not the head of the project. I just despise abandoning anything i commit myself too. But before i let you on, i need to know what you can do. Some pictures of past works would work well.

I guess that about covers it. If you need more info on our situation, you can follow the forum thread on darkspyro.net here.

So, with that, i eagerly await any and all responses.
My friends loss is my loss as well, and it always will be!
Skijarama

Re: Project Frixion (the Legend Of Spyro Movie series)

Postby brektzar » December 4th, 2011, 8:55 am

Hi Skijarama, and welcome to DS!

First off, i know this place is abit inactive at times and traffic is low, but we are a few regulars here that check in almost everyday(not posting all the time though).

Regarding your movie project, i cant sign myself up for certain, i can however offer any model i have made that might fit or any model i will make. What i cant offer is textures, rigging, animation and other fun stuff, im all about modelling for now.

As i said, i do not promise my help, and i do not guarantee i can do anything at all for you, but if i have something you could use i can upload it for you. I have alot on my mind so i cant just sign up for anything atm. Plus we have a DS project aswell, but im not sure how thats going xD is abit fuzzy right now...

I also checked out your site, i wanted to see if it was legit, and it is :P So what i would request from you is a list of models you need done and ill check that to see if i have anything allready made. However, it will be just the model, no textures(as i cant give those away due to licensing) and probably not UV-mapped either. Its what i can do for you now, it might change in the future though.

Hope it all works out!

[EDIT]

I think you should also post this on blenderartists.org
They will have ALOT more people and that is the most active blender forum, its also the biggest one.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Skijarama » December 4th, 2011, 9:23 am

brektzar wrote:Hi Skijarama, and welcome to DS!

First off, i know this place is abit inactive at times and traffic is low, but we are a few regulars here that check in almost everyday(not posting all the time though).

Regarding your movie project, i cant sign myself up for certain, i can however offer any model i have made that might fit or any model i will make. What i cant offer is textures, rigging, animation and other fun stuff, im all about modelling for now.

As i said, i do not promise my help, and i do not guarantee i can do anything at all for you, but if i have something you could use i can upload it for you. I have alot on my mind so i cant just sign up for anything atm. Plus we have a DS project aswell, but im not sure how thats going xD is abit fuzzy right now...

I also checked out your site, i wanted to see if it was legit, and it is :P So what i would request from you is a list of models you need done and ill check that to see if i have anything allready made. However, it will be just the model, no textures(as i cant give those away due to licensing) and probably not UV-mapped either. Its what i can do for you now, it might change in the future though.

Hope it all works out!

[EDIT]

I think you should also post this on blenderartists.org
They will have ALOT more people and that is the most active blender forum, its also the biggest one.

Well, I'm not the head of the project. Im just a voice actor who also does advertising. >.> I'd recommend for you to make a darkspyro account, just to make things a tad easier on me, and the others. Furthermore, If i had to choose a model for you to make or see if you have made, i'd try to make dawn of the dragon spyro and cynder.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111024065752/sonic/images/b/bd/Site_spyro--dawn-of-the-dragon-ss-11.jpg

http://spyrothedragon.wikispaces.com/file/view/darkfurydragon.gif

Thanks for at least replying. Also, i have a blenderartists account, i just am not sure which section to post this in. off-topic?
Skijarama

Postby brektzar » December 4th, 2011, 10:08 am

Off-topic is a safe bet for you to post it in, i woulld go with that.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Skijarama » December 4th, 2011, 10:14 am

K. thanks for the tip. ill look into it.
Skijarama

Postby SPARTAN-001 » December 4th, 2011, 10:19 am

Welcome to Dark Scarab, Skijarama. I wish I could promise some sort of help, but I'm really not in a position to do so currently, as I'm in the middle of preparing for finals at school and I have a lot of other things on my plate as well. What I can do is promise to at least take a look at things after my finals die down, and make a decision then. Sorry I can't promise any more help, but such is my situation at the moment.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Skijarama » December 4th, 2011, 10:30 am

Very well then. I look forward to hearing if you can help or not.
Skijarama

Postby Sazex » December 6th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Wowoah, well Im not a huge fan of the LOS spyro series, but i do like the original spyro series, and I have played LOS.... anyways I have some good news for you if you want models of Spyro and Cynder

here is DTD spyro download:
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... oDtD.blend
and for Cynder:
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/file/ ... rDtD.blend

ALL CREDIT goes to
admin of http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/

he extracts the models from in game, and posts them up for download! Neat eh'?

Well i know its not a clean mesh, but at least you dont have to make it right?, and just add the textures and there you have the two models :)
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby brektzar » December 6th, 2011, 11:27 pm

I allready gave them a model based on this one :P I rendered the spyro model out as a reference and modeled it, i dont think its legal to use game models, So i dared not give them the links :P

[EDIT]

I tried to UV map that one aswell, it was probably the most irregular UV-map ive ever done, that mesh had some issues xD BUT It did proove valuable and i would recommend using the other ones as reference aswell.

And BTW Sazex, didnt you make a Spyro model?
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Sazex » December 7th, 2011, 7:04 pm

Yea i did, but that was for another spyro game that was on the playstation one
here you can see the difference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxKnTIBRi8
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Next
Return to Community Projects