blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Community Project #2

Community Project #2

Postby IrascibleOne » August 4th, 2011, 12:41 pm

I said I would open a new thread to talk about starting a second community project and try to set it up so that it is less likely to die. After some thinking, I thought maybe we could try something like what I've jammed into the spoiler below. Of course this doesn't necessarily cover everything, its just the basic idea.

SHOW SPOILER
1 - We pick a topic. And what we want to do (a render, an animation, or a game, etc.). I really think for this project we should just make a single render and when we are done we can decide if we want to go further with it.

2 - Everyone makes models about that topic. It doesn't matter what people make, we won't regulate it. We could make a big list of things we need/want and keep track of what has been submitted at the top of a thread so everyone knows what we need and can propose updates to what we have. Overall, people make what they want to make not worrying about two people working on the same thing. As time goes on, people can make their own improvements to submitted models, such as shading the model or updating the mesh or whatever.

3 - When we feel we've got enough completed models we let people go about creating a mockup of what they think the scene should be using those models. (Of course, we can make new models at or after this point if needed) Again, this will be unregulated, so if 40 million people are each making their own scene, that is okay. At this point, the scenes submitted are just proposals of what we should generally do. Just enough to see what the scene will be like.

4 - We pick a scene for everyone to rally around and work on together. We will have the current official file at the top of a thread and using that file, people can take the scenes and propose lighting setups, camera position, where models should be placed, and so on. When a proposal is approved by the community, the proposer will make the necessary changes to the official file, which will be updated and left up for the next approved proposal. This way, only one change is made at a time and we won't have to worry about which file is the real one, who has the latest file, and so on like our last project. It'll be obvious which file is the current file.

5 - When we've got a scene that everyone agrees should be the final render, we can call it done spew it all over the web and start the next project.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Community Project #2

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 5th, 2011, 4:48 am

Sounds like a good idea to me! Random idea for the topic: fantasy/sci fi city?
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » August 11th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Nobody else got any opinions on this? Or is this just a case of no one being around or caring? :(

I really like the sci-fi city idea, maybe we could start moving in that direction anyways? I wish a few more people were around...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » August 12th, 2011, 12:40 am

I would participate if I just had the time for it.. :/
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 12th, 2011, 6:19 am

I'd be happy to start modelling some stuff, maybe a building or two? I've two weeks before school starts, so that should be enough time to make some progress at least.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » August 12th, 2011, 10:08 am

Alright, we can start now. I'm sure if we just start a few new people who have time might see it and be able to help out.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 13th, 2011, 6:32 am

I might do something if i feel i have the time or the strength xD My work drains me dry of that..
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Idea for fan film.

Postby nick16001 » March 28th, 2012, 7:06 pm

I would love to direct an unofficial league of legends movie based off of concept art by the company.
I could assemble live actors with proper funding and makeup effects,the works but with a lot of cg.
P.S.:We could visualize a pre-production layout footage with blender 3d then input live action with some mixture of live sets,I could use all help I could get. Just an idea though (I'm a movie tech person .)-also I will provide actors ,sets animatronics makeup,etc. Maybe even an original cg fantasy.
nick16001

Return to Community Projects