blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

DS Advertisement [Complete]

DS Advertisement [Complete]

Postby IrascibleOne » December 13th, 2009, 5:25 pm

The idea for posting an advertisement on YouTube came up and I thought that I would start it now before I take my day off. You can see the thread here.

Anyways, I came up with the idea that we could all contribute our best works and I could compile them all into one big video that can be posted on YouTube on djm's channel and probably my DSTutorials channel. Everyone will get credit for their works, my idea was to have your username (or your real name, if you like) appear along with the image(s) and/or animation(s) you submit for the video as well as credits at the end. I can also throw in a website in the credits next to your name if you would like that as well.

All this is mainly to show off what we do and maybe get some new users in the process. So if you are interested in have a Best Works of DS video created, submit your image/animation here and I'll be sure to add it in there. Also, djm, when you have chosen/created the music you would like on the video, you can post it here and after a week or two I can take everyone's stuff and compile it together.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DS Advertisement

Postby djm » December 13th, 2009, 5:32 pm

The slow song, the one that had no name before (New name to it is Rain Drops since Brektzar reminded me of the drop FX in it) should be the one to start out with. But if I get some extra time off this week, and when I'm done with my school prjects and papers aswell I'll start working on some other projects so you guys have something to choose from.

As some of you might've already noticed, Brektzar tought me how to make asbtract art in GIMP 2.6. And cause of that I've made myself a Logo Image which I want to be in the video aswell. :)

Anyway, my projects won't take long as soon as I get the time and privacy I need. And irascibleone, what theme or genre do you mainly want me to focus my future tracks on? I can make almost everything. But not everything sounds good instrumental.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » December 13th, 2009, 5:50 pm

ok, well, as far as my images go you can pick anything, i submit them all ;) i am bad at choosing ^^
i wont add them to this topic though, that would use up too much space, even with spoilers ^^
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » January 8th, 2010, 11:11 am

I just wanted to add a note here on when I plan on doing this. Right now I am focusing in on updating the tutorials so that they work for 2.5. I will begin my work on this right after I finish that, hopefully sooner rather than later.

If you wanna see how close I am getting to starting this, I have a post dedicated to keeping you guys updated with how far I am on the updates here.

As a last note, everyone has until then to contribute something to this if you would like to. The goal is to make a 'Best of' video that we can use to try to get more people to come to the site. As I think I stated above, you name will go with the image and you will be in the credits at the end. Also, I'll be sending you an HD version of it, if you want it. I'll have a lower res version for posting on video sites.

That's all for now.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 8th, 2010, 11:16 am

Sounds good :) however i still dont know what images i like best of mine, so if anoyone wants to could you please help me pick some? ^^
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » January 8th, 2010, 12:45 pm

I would like to submit my pic "A Day at the Park in Cubeworld" for the video. Also, I like your space image the best, brektzar ;)
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby brektzar » January 8th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Ok, thanks for your input SPARTAN :D
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby djm » January 8th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Since I know have the songs, the pictures and the oftware needed for the vid I might actually start working on it. Though I need to finish th FL tutorial before schoolstart (Monday 11th January) because I'll be busy studying most of the time.

Anyway, the video will be done hopefully on staturday evening (UTC +1 Time).
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » January 18th, 2010, 12:12 am

I finally got my intro done after discovering the video render in 2.5 is crap. And for whatever reason I cannot get it to look good. The stupid background looks like crap and you can't see the floating particles very well, if at all.

IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 18th, 2010, 12:36 am

i do see the particles, but barely, try doing it in 2.49?
And the BG looks low res :P
Other than that it looks cool :D
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Next
Return to Community Projects