blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

DS Advertisement [Complete]

Re: DS Advertisement

Postby IrascibleOne » January 18th, 2010, 11:57 am

I did render it in 2.49, I had to. Otherwise it would have been really dark. Also, the only way I could make the background perfectly clear (like I want it) was if I made it an uncompressed AVI and that made the file 1.44GB at HD. No matter what I converted it to or rendered it as, other than the uncompressed, the background looks like crap.

I mean this is a screenshot of what it looks like uncompressed:
dsintro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 18th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Thats WAY cooler :P how about not rendering it as AVI? i know avi is a "small" format but its also a low quality one compared to many other formats. And if the uncompressed AVI is over one gig there might be a chance theres a better file typ solution for you :P

Or did you try to render directly into other formats? Converting will often drag the quality down, sometimes alot :P I had alot of that problem a couple of years ago when i was playing with after effects ^^

[EDIT]
The filesize of the HD image you posted is rather small, how many frames is it? you could try to render it as JPG files and import all of them into GIMP and then save as a GIF, it wouldnt be a video but that can even be fixed with windows movie maker :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » January 18th, 2010, 8:48 pm

I made it better. Not perfect, but better.

Also, I want to make the announcement that if anyone else wants to contribute up to 2 images or an animation let me know now - within the next day or so. All I really have to do at this point is put the intro and the slide show together and make the credits (which should only take 5-10 minutes) and it will be complete.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 19th, 2010, 10:44 am

Cool im looking forward to it :D I would appreciate it if i could have a link to a downloadable file in HD as you mentioned some time ago :P It would be nice :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » January 19th, 2010, 11:56 am

I'd like it if you could put "A Day at the Park in Cubeworld" and "A Last Stand in Cubeworld" in there.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » January 21st, 2010, 9:56 pm

Ok, so I have basically determined that it is probably just the way I set up the scene that causes the crappy background. I had to render in the FFMpeg so we could have sound and I upped the bitrate to the max that Blender would allow me, so the intro and end are the best they are going to be. :problem:

Anyways, here is the final video itself. If you want the 'HD' copy for yourself PM me and I will give you a link or something to download it with. If you don't care if it is the HD, you can download it from Vimeo.

IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » January 22nd, 2010, 12:49 am

Sweet! ;) I really liked the FX u had on the names! And I really didn't think you'd pic that song since it's old and kind of bad XD Anyway, great vid!
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » January 22nd, 2010, 5:37 am

Looks cool :) Any places other than vimeo its uploaded at yet?
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » January 22nd, 2010, 3:43 pm

Just my YouTube account for my video tutorials. (http://www.youtube.com/dstutorials) Turns out I have 33 subscribers there that I didn't know I had.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous
Return to Community Projects