blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Nature textures and models repository

Re: Nature textures and models repository

Postby brektzar » February 9th, 2015, 7:52 am

This is great! :)
I would love to see what you mean by more detail, if it makes the list of things to do better in any way i say go into detail.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » February 9th, 2015, 5:53 pm

I just meant if there was anything people did not understand, I'd talk about how we could go about doing each of those things in detail. I tried to keep it short and simple so I wouldn't scare people with a mega huge list of things with multiple paragraphs of info on each step.

Although, if anyone is interested in some things I didn't include, here's a quick list. All of these are really mix between project management and the design process. Almost all could be useful to us to varying degrees, but I don't want us to get sick of the project before anyone opens up Blender.

• Stakeholder Analysis: Determining all the people who would be effected by this project and in what way it would effect them. Good for finding your target audience.
  • Stakeholder Interviews: Actually talking to your stakeholders to determine what they think of the project you want to do and what is actually important to each of them instead of making assumptions.
  • Risk Assessment: Determining the risks of the project, how critical those risks are, and what to do if those risks actually happen.
  • Work Breakdown Structure: Breaking the whole project into pieces so we get an overall view of everything that needs to be done (also helps with scheduling and resource allocation).
  • Scheduling: Creating a schedule based on your resources, man-power, and other factors (we have no schedule or deadlines, so this doesn't apply to us).
  • Personas: Creating fictional people based on your stakeholders so it's easier to design your project (difficult to explain without going more in depth).
  • User Scenarios: Imagining scenarios of how a stakeholder (or your personas) might use your project so you can have a better idea of how to design your project better.
  • Content Inventory: Taking inventory of everything you currently have in your project (we have nothing).
  • Taxonomy: Defines the structure and organization of the content of the project and how that content relates to other content.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » February 18th, 2015, 10:07 pm

So, it's been over a week now, do you guys need me to make outlines for these things or have we lost interest already?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » February 18th, 2015, 10:39 pm

I assure you, interest is not lost. I have been working on textures(it is taking frever since i only have about an hour a day to do it)

If you want to you can feel free to draw it up :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby bonrw1 » February 19th, 2015, 3:05 am

I've been waiting for good weather/a change to use the scanner :\
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby Alpha 3D » February 28th, 2015, 2:16 pm

I've been bored... LOL! When we getting this show on the road?
God Makes ALL The Difference! :D
Portfolio: towercg.weebly.com
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby brektzar » February 28th, 2015, 3:29 pm

The show is on, now we need the content for it :P
I am busy with work during weekdays, weekends are when i have time for this. But thats not much time xD

So, we do what we can and when :)
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » February 28th, 2015, 11:10 pm

You can always get started with the stuff I listed in my previous post. A couple have already been set up:

- The README file needs some attention. Even if you just add comments, it's a start.
- There's a "Project Team" file in a new "Project Files" folder that will act as our Resource Analysis. Just plop in your name, preferred contact method for this project, what you are good at, and any other info about you that might be useful for this project.
- If you are itching to get into Blender and create some nature stuff, there's nothing stopping you on that front either!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonrw1 » March 1st, 2015, 12:22 am

I'm going to add a reminder to remind me to do it. :P
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby Alpha 3D » March 1st, 2015, 9:42 am

I don't understand... :wall: