blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

A very special project

A very special project

Postby brektzar » August 11th, 2013, 8:11 pm

I came up with a fun little training project for us. This will help us incorporate stories into our images.(i hope) And also help us to work together while keeping everything on track.

The first part will be to write the story of the image, and the second part will be modeling an image based on the story. The image should show clear emotion and tell the story we are writing.

Ok, so we are going to write a story, the story will be centered around ONE image that we will collaborate to make when the story is finished. Think about explaining the setting in as much detail as you can and try to incorporate emotions into the story.

These rules are strict, no deviation!
If they are not followed that particular post would have to be ignored, this is so that we can keep a straight line through the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the rules, more may be added as we progress through the story, and they can be changed if enough people wish it.

1. At least two main characters.
2. The story takes place in a fantasy land, first location is a tranquil village.
3. One main character is a disciple of some kind(you decide what kind\profession)
the other is up for debate.
4. Keep it clean
5. This is not a fable, animals cant talk!
6. Try to be detailed about the setting!
7. think high fantasy, elves, dragons, magic and all that. For example, LoTR, Eragon, DnD and that sort of thing. NOT Harry Potter or Narnia...
8. Every writer has to write 10 words at least and 20 words max.
9. always copy and paste the previous post into yours so we can read the full story to the point of your post without having to switch pages or scroll down to read all of it.

Ok! Thats it for now, get your creative juices flowing! :D
The opening is over 20 words to establish some kind of base to work with.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story starts like this:

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Re: A very special project

Postby IrascibleOne » August 11th, 2013, 9:29 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors.

----------

This should be fun. :D We only allowed to add to the end of the story or will be allowed to inject our words anywhere?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 11th, 2013, 9:47 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago.

To be honest i think it would be best if we write the story and then take suggestions on what needs to be changed. But everything in the story might change before we are finished with it, so if you have early suggestions i dont see any harm in sharing them.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Renix » August 12th, 2013, 6:21 am

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival.
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » August 12th, 2013, 10:49 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival.

Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Renix » August 13th, 2013, 12:11 am

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival. Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop.
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » August 13th, 2013, 4:08 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village.
During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago.
Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival. Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop. Karok was a disciple of Borgar, the only smith in the village. But Karok wanted more in his life, much more..

[If we make more than one render from this, i think the scene where Karok watches the totem and the villagers coul be really great and itcould potentially be a very powerful scene. Nice work so far guys, this could turn out awesome! :D]
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » August 15th, 2013, 7:39 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival. Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop. Karok was a disciple of Borgar, the only smith in the village. But Karok wanted more in his life, much more. Inside the workshop, the many tools, weapons, and the view of the Totem out the window fueled his daydreams.

---------------

Indeed, this is turning out really nicely so far. It'll be fun when the time to render rolls around.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » August 16th, 2013, 2:09 pm

[NOT ADDING TO THE STORY - JUST COMMENTING ON IT]

I was reading through this little story of yours and I love the idea, really, however the story sounds almost too familiar to "How to train your dragon" - but with other names, and the totem should be a dragon. Think about it :)

Anyway, keep it up and I'll see if I can add some stuff to the actual render! :D
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » August 25th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop. Karok was a disciple of Borgar, the only smith in the village. But Karok wanted more in his life, much more. Inside the workshop, the many tools, weapons, and the view of the Totem out the window fueled his daydreams. However, Karok wasted no time getting to work, as Borgar was known best for being very demanding of his workers.

=========

I don't think I've ever seen How to Train Your Dragon, so it's not my fault!! Hopefully we don't follow a too generic fantasy type story, we'll have to make sure we do something that keeps it unique. Maybe we could have the bad guys win for once. :twisted:
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next
Return to Community Projects