blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

A very special project

Re: A very special project

Postby brektzar » November 11th, 2013, 1:35 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival. Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop. Karok was a disciple of Borgar, the only smith in the village. But Karok wanted more in his life, much more. Inside the workshop, the many tools, weapons, and the view of the Totem out the window fueled his daydreams. However, Karok wasted no time getting to work, as Borgar was known best for being very demanding of his workers. Even though Karok hated the job, he loved working for Borgar, since he gave Karok several challenging jobs.

It wasn't long after he began etching engravings into a knife when Borgar interrupted him. "Karok, come here." Karok felt chills going up his spine when he heard Borgar. Without thinking, he opened his mouth. "Can I finish this first? I am almost done." The sharp glare in response told Karok he would deeply regret delaying any further, so he quickly made his way over to Borgar's table.

"Take this package to the butcher on the East end. Return immediately after the package is delivered."

Karok took the package, it was so heavy he could barely carry it. He put it in a cart and started walking towards East end. Due to the festival, the streets were mostly empty. This made his task a little easier and attracted less attention. Half way there Karok had to stop to breathe a minute, when he started walking again three guys stood before him. He started pushing the cart again attempting to ignore them, only to be startled by a hand on his shoulder. One of the three men told Karok that what he was delivering was something that would leave Korlita in ruin, The Azepean stone reforged by Borgar.

Irasible, it seems you and i are the only writers for this story :P
How long do you think we should make the story?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 12th, 2013, 10:04 pm

The village of Korlita had just started their 50th freedom festival. The festival celebrates the heroes who laid down their lives to save the people of Korlita from the Azepe, a brutal tribe that once occupied the territory around the village. During the celebration, the Korlitans gather around The Totem, a monument to the bravery and resilience of their ancestors. The totem is a treasured piece of Korlitas history, it depicts the events that took place so many years ago. Tales of the seven childhood friends who became the heroes of Korlita are told to all youth during the festival. Karok, a young man himself, had heard the legendary tales many times and dreamed of one day becoming a hero.

Garbed in dirty rags, he stopped to glance at the totem and villagers before slowly walking to a lonely workshop. Karok was a disciple of Borgar, the only smith in the village. But Karok wanted more in his life, much more. Inside the workshop, the many tools, weapons, and the view of the Totem out the window fueled his daydreams. However, Karok wasted no time getting to work, as Borgar was known best for being very demanding of his workers. Even though Karok hated the job, he loved working for Borgar, since he gave Karok several challenging jobs.

It wasn't long after he began etching engravings into a knife when Borgar interrupted him. "Karok, come here." Karok felt chills going up his spine when he heard Borgar. Without thinking, he opened his mouth. "Can I finish this first? I am almost done." The sharp glare in response told Karok he would deeply regret delaying any further, so he quickly made his way over to Borgar's table.

"Take this package to the butcher on the East end. Return immediately after the package is delivered."

Karok took the package, it was so heavy he could barely carry it. He put it in a cart and started walking towards East end. Due to the festival, the streets were mostly empty. This made his task a little easier and attracted less attention. Half way there Karok had to stop to breathe a minute, when he started walking again three guys stood before him. He started pushing the cart again attempting to ignore them, only to be startled by a hand on his shoulder. One of the three men told Karok that what he was delivering was something that would leave Korlita in ruin, The Azepean stone reforged by Borgar.

Before he could decide whether or not he believed the men, Karok was shoved out of the way and the men began leaving with the cart.

oops.. i clicked the edit button instead of the quote button xD Sorry :oops:
/Brektzar
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 14th, 2013, 6:26 am

Before he could decide whether or not he believed the men, Karok was shoved out of the way and the men began leaving with the cart.
Karok stood up and in anger he drew his hidden knife and ran towards the men who stole the cart. Without him realizing anything had happened Karok was back on the ground and his knife now broken into pieces.

Yeah i think we probably should get to the action, we have alot to discuss before we make the 3D render anyway. We need to decide which moment we will choose and also the style we want it to be in, for example do we want it cartoony, realistic or something else?
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 14th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Spoilerizing previous paragraphs, just to keep things a little more compact.
SHOW SPOILER

Before he could decide whether or not he believed the men, Karok was shoved out of the way and the men began leaving with the cart. Karok stood up and in anger he drew his hidden knife and ran towards the men who stole the cart. Without him realizing anything had happened Karok was back on the ground and his knife now broken into pieces. After his assailant rounded the corner with the other men, Karok quickly collected the pieces of his knife and decided to follow them from a distance.

Indeed. I like the idea of doing a shot of the festival/totem at the moment. Then again, depends on what happens next.

I'd lean more towards realistic, but not too realistic. Maybe stylized in some way. If that makes any sense. I wouldn't be against trying out the new Freestyle stuff though, I have yet to really look into that.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » January 28th, 2014, 1:00 am

So, uh, it's been two months since the last post. We still want to continue doing this?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 31st, 2014, 3:53 am

I think maybe we should leave it up and hope more people join in soon. Right now its just your text and my text in this story ^^
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Previous
Return to Community Projects