blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Creating a blog with html

Creating a blog with html

Postby themitchel0 » November 4th, 2010, 3:27 pm

recently i became aware of the wonderful world of web programing :D and i was recruited by my neighbor to make a website for him, for the layout we deiced on a blog stly page for the home page, the other pages would be normal pages, but does anyone know how to make a blog type page in html? something that would show posts, and archive them? also something that someone could opst on without knowledge of html/css/php? any help would be sooo much appreciated :D
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Re: Creating a blog with html

Postby SPARTAN-001 » November 4th, 2010, 4:37 pm

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to with pure HTML. HTML is extremely basic, and you can't do stuff like archives or new post submission very well with just HTML. Unfortunately, my web design experience is limited, so I can't help a ton.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby themitchel0 » November 4th, 2010, 5:09 pm

well im open to any suggestions in languages like php javascript html html5, css, and asp.net(dont know what i could do with that but whatever :D) anything iguess thats not perl ruby or flash 8-) thanks though!!
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » November 4th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Well, for my sites I use a combination of (X)HTML, CSS, and PHP with a mySQL database to store all of the blog entries and such. Sometimes I throw in a little Javascript if I want some fancies as well, but that is really just extra.

Depending on how much work your neighbor is willing to do when updating the site, you could get away with just using HTML and maybe CSS, but that is only if he is willing to copy and paste into the actual HTML coding and add new pages each time and link up other pages...(which people tend to not want to do).

If it is just a blog, you might also consider Wordpress or something like that, then you could focus on the design and Wordpress gets the back end coding done for you, as far as I know.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby themitchel0 » November 6th, 2010, 11:39 am

well we again discussed this yesterday, and i he only wants one page as a blog, something easy to edit, i think i could make a posting application for it in c#, but it would need to look something like blogger(the blog) thanks!
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Return to Programming