blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

live html editor beta

Re: live html editor beta

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 8th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Save/Open feature? A harder feature to implement would be two way conversion, but it would be useful.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby themitchel0 » August 8th, 2010, 1:48 pm

yea i was gonna add that, just wanted to see if it worked, now the conversion thing what do you mean by that, and would it be useful to have a auto complete feature? like if you typed <htm it would automatically finished make a new line make another line the </html>
so in the end it would do this
<html>
cursor is here
</html>
would that be useful?
EDIT i found out today that it creats a file, lookin the file the the .exe is in and it should be there, named index .html i will still add a save open feature though
Last edited by themitchel0 on August 9th, 2010, 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 8th, 2010, 2:22 pm

That would be handy, but make an option to turn it off. Also, it would be cool if you made it so that you could edit the rich text and convert that to html, but that would be hard to do.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby themitchel0 » August 8th, 2010, 2:23 pm

what do you mean by that? and for saving and turning feature on and off would a bar on the top like in microsoft word be good?
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 8th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Yeah, that would be good. Thinking about it, what I said previously would be very hard to implement as it would require extensive knowledge of HTML. I meant something like if you type text in the rich text area, and you change the color to red, it would generate <font color = red> </font> in the html section, and do that for other formatting types too.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » August 8th, 2010, 8:39 pm

That's pretty cool. However, I did have to run it as Administrator so that it would work. I'm guessing the program uses the default browser to render the page?

In any case, if I wasn't running as admin, it would pop up telling me I had no permission to access Firefox after each character I would type in (or pasted in) and wouldn't ever render (because of it, I am assuming). I guess an improvement could be to catch errors such as this and have a nice user friendly pop up appear instead of the one that casual users wouldn't understand.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby themitchel0 » August 9th, 2010, 6:23 am

yea i could probaley do that ( what iscrablie said) and spartan do you mean something like when you click a font color it automatically pastes in <font color = red> </font color> or when your typing it a drop down list pops up and you can select your font color? so if you type in <font c a list pops down with options on it and you hit tab on the one you want?
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 9th, 2010, 6:38 am

Not exactly. I mean you can put stuff in the rich text area, like you would in Word for instance, and have the program generate code for whatever you put in the rich text area. It would be tricky, but it would be a very useful feature.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby themitchel0 » August 9th, 2010, 6:49 am

ok yea if i decide to countinue this project, i mean i probaley will until at least V 1.0 but eventually i might be able to do that
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby themitchel0 » August 11th, 2010, 3:28 pm

new version set to be released by Friday! new features in include: save open cut paste undo.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

PreviousNext
Return to Programming