blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Official Contest #11 [Complete]

Re: Official Contest #11

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 15th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Nismo wrote:If i remember correctly it was relatively simple i projected the UV's from view and added a stone texture and a green cloud over the top for the grass/moss

Ah, I see. I've known about exporting unwrapped meshes, but for some unknown reason, I don't and just wing it with a whole lot of different imported textures. I'll have to remind myself to do that.

Nismo wrote:I'm not sure, something about it just looks of, they seem a bit too vivid and draw the eye away from the cliffs to the edge of the picture. Maybe adding a very bright texture over the top to stop it looking so dark would do it.

Oh, well that's why I kept increasing the light parameters in its material settings. What I think it is that the cactai are too dark against the bright blue sky and the cliff's color is incompatable with the yellow to blue gradient I had for the sky. Ah well, I'll try and do a more schematic job next time.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Official Contest #11

Postby IrascibleOne » September 28th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Dictator-for-life one this one. Let me know the topic of the next contest sometime before I end the current one.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous
Return to Contests and Battles