blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

The Blender Game Art Challenge

The Blender Game Art Challenge

Postby Nismo » June 28th, 2009, 5:40 am

TOPIC: A Cube - By using only texturing and lighting you must make a cube into an object for a game anything form a crate to a nuclear reactor is allowed :mrgreen:

RULES:
- Entries must be a screen shot on the model in real time (Press P) If you don't have GLSL feel free to PM the .blend to me and i'll run it and post a screen shot for you
- The contests are just for fun. The winner chooses the topic of the next contest! :D.
- After the deadline I will set up a poll so people can vote for a winner.
- The thread is open for works in progress. The last image you enter will be considered final unless stated otherwise.
- You can submit as many works as you want, although it is preferred you did only 1.
- All models must be made in Blender any graphics application can be used for textures
- When voting, please vote for someone other than yourself.
- The topic can be an object, a style (e.g horror, sci-fi) any other ideas will be considered

DEADLINES:
No deadline for this contest, i'll leave it open until there's 3 or 4 entries

(Thought this might be fun, Good luck :D )

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Re: The Blender Game Art Challenge

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 28th, 2009, 5:23 pm

Great, this could be fun.

Nismo wrote:If you don't have GLSL feel free to PM the .blend to me and i'll run it and post a screen shot for you

If you don't have GLSL, you might as well render it because that's how close it is. :D
I don't have GLSL, so I'll have to send you my cube.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nismo » June 29th, 2009, 4:22 am

Ah ok renders can be submitted aswell cause Blender has stared crashing when I try to run GLSL for me

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 29th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Hmmm.. That's odd.. You know, I was only joking when I said that. We can still do realtime if we find a workaround..
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nismo » June 29th, 2009, 1:15 pm

Hehe ok real time if possible but if all else fails a render will be suitable

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 29th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Did this within 10 minutes, enjoy.

Ingame (fake GLSL, best described as Multitexture..) 1 lamp:

Render 3 Lamps:

And if anybody wants to GLSL-ify my entry, here's the .blend, packed and ready to go:
http://www.2shared.com/file/6503860/5209c27e/crate.html
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nismo » August 7th, 2009, 9:11 am

Ok I will declare D-f-L the winner of this round, i think the topic was a bit boring and uninspiring. So I can either let this die or D-f-L can pick a new topic and we can carry on from there?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » August 7th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Well, there wasn't any competition.. So maybe since there was no 'winner,' we should let this die and bring it up later. Perhaps the timing was incompliant. I for one liked the idea..
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » August 7th, 2009, 10:28 pm

That's kinda how it goes sometimes...I would've enter had I remembered to when I didn't have something else going on. The same sort of thing happened with the first Official Contest here, if any of you remember that. I had finally ended it after letting it go for months.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rezeul » August 7th, 2009, 10:45 pm

I completely forgot about this :crazy:
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Return to Contests and Battles