blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Official Contest #9 [Complete]

Re: Official Contest #9

Postby Rezeul » June 16th, 2009, 8:28 pm

CAN I GET A WOOP WOOP FOR DFL!!!!

haha i love it it's got a great feel to it, how'd you do the clouds?
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 17th, 2009, 9:48 am

Thanks. :D

I did the clouds with particles. Was very hard to shape my own clouds from a subdivided cube, so in the end, I cheated and ended up using a nubula script and shaped my cloud from there. Cloud is textured with "cloud." There is only one cloud in the whole thing, but I have merged some, scaled others, and rotated a few. :shhh:
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rezeul » June 17th, 2009, 12:42 pm

nebula script? sounds cool you must share because i hate making clouds
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 17th, 2009, 4:11 pm

Here it is: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread?t=53356
Just generate something and then shave off all the verteces you don't need. After that, you can scale certain dimensions to make it look right.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sgt pants » June 19th, 2009, 2:27 pm

here is my submission. not finished yet

btw, can you use something like photlobucket to upload pics? i tried once, and it wouldn't let me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.

Why has a developer ever needed any reason other than "it looks bloody awesome?"

Cargo Bay 1
my website
sgt pants
Useful
Useful

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 20th, 2009, 11:33 am

Does it say something like "Couldn't get dimensions of image?" I uploaded to TinyPic and that's what happenned. It has been happening ever since the addition of ImantuImg..
It has been happening ever since the addition of ImantuImg..

ImantuImg better not be the problem, I'll be pretty angry if it is. I just filled out the form to add the new BBcode through the admin pages. But that error is what happened to me when I tried to put up the images for the last contest...I'm not trying to force you guys to use Imantu, if that is what you are thinking...
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nismo » June 20th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Dictator-for-life wrote:About the Photobucket thing, I am having the same problem. Does it say something like "Couldn't get dimensions of image?" I uploaded to TinyPic and that's what happenned. It has been happening ever since the addition of ImantuImg..

Yeah same with Photobucket and Imageshack hopefully it's a simple fix

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby sgt pants » June 20th, 2009, 12:41 pm

i don't get an error or anything. i just click "submit" to put a post, it loades, and then stops. it just won't post until i remove the [IMG] link.

hey Dictator for life, i love your trees.
also, it seems to me that the moon isn't exactley round, it might just be me.
Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.

Why has a developer ever needed any reason other than "it looks bloody awesome?"

Cargo Bay 1
my website
sgt pants
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » June 20th, 2009, 1:51 pm

ImantuImg better not be the problem. I'll be pretty angry if it is. You should of told me about it sooner, because the error message was popping up for me when I was trying to put the images up for the last contest. I'll take the ImantuImg BBcode tag down and see if that fixes the problem. I don't want to force you guys to use Imantu, so if I have to take it off I'll leave it off...

UPDATE: Problem solved. The only reason ImantuImg worked was because it was set up in a way that the server doesn't have to resize the image, the browser does. On the Img tag, it apparently needs a setting on a server to be turned on to make it work. So, if there was no ImantuImg tag, no one would have been able to post an image at all. I guess it was lucky timing.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 20th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Wha-?? Weird.. How did Irascible's post end up replacing mine?

Ah, well. I guess I'll repost my entry:

I made the trees with NGPlant, easier than Blender, but still confusing nonetheless ;)

Yea, the moon is perfectly spherical, I guess IMANTU resized it and it got a little screwy. It is a sphere on my computer though. Guess it's the luck of the draw. If it bothers you, I'll just post it up on TinyPic real quick 8-) :

http://i39.tinypic.com/dh7deg.jpg
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext
Return to Contests and Battles