blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Lightworks Video Editor -Coming Soon-

Lightworks Video Editor -Coming Soon-

Postby Dictator-for-life » November 14th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Lightworks is an advanced video editor that is soon to be released under open source after great commercial success.
"EditShare is pleased to announce that Lightworks Academy® and Emmy® award-winning editing software is to be made available as Open Source.

Used by editors such as Chris Gill and multi Oscar-winning Thelma Schoonmaker, Lightworks offers intuitive controls, advanced real time effects, 2K native support with DPX or RED, and multi-camera editing features that remain unmatched.

Lightworks already offers capabilities far exceeding those of regular editing solutions and EditShare is working to release its full potential... "

http://www.editshare.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=203

A couple months ago I was searching for a good video editor, suffice to say, there weren't any and I wasn't about to shell out money for Sony Vegas. Lightworks is a project I've kept a watchful eye over for a couple months now. I am happy to announce that it will be released soon for testing. Only those who have signed up for its release announcement will be able to download it the moment it is released. Just giving you guys that heads up. :D

Register here: http://www.editshare.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=208
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Lightworks Video Editor -Coming Soon-

Postby SPARTAN-001 » November 14th, 2010, 7:22 pm

Maybe I should move this to the software section?
Also, good find, I'll check it out!
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » November 14th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Wow, that is sweet. I'll have to check that out.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » November 15th, 2010, 12:52 am

Have to admit, I'm pretty excited about it.

This is a link to the email they sent out:http://www.editshare.com/email/lightworks-nov10-online.html

But here's the gist of it:
On November 29th, the free download will be available exclusively to those who have registered. An email will be sent to you with detailed download instructions.

Fingers crossed, hope it works on my machine :)
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Announcements