blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

My thoughts on the matter...

My thoughts on the matter...

Postby IrascibleOne » July 15th, 2010, 3:22 pm

I only really say this because it was mentioned that I hadn't said anything about the piracy/illegal torrent issue and I say it here because this is offtopic from the post that was originally made.

I am not going to argue about whether piracy/illegal torrents/etc are right or wrong or if one will or will not get caught or in what conditions make it 'OK'. What you do is your choice. However, I would prefer if talk about pirated stuff or where to get it is kept to a minimum or not talked about at all. Mainly because the stuff is illegal, partially because tends to start flame wars, partially because I don't like it, and partially for the reasons Spartan had brought up in the thread.

That said, Spartan has the site's best interests at heart so please don't disregard him because I haven't said anything about the matter, no matter what it is. I know I may be the Grand Poobah of the forums, but Spartan was promoted for a reason.

Lastly, I just wanna say if you feel attacked by this post, I don't mean to be that way. I am not pointing fingers, I just want to make it clear how I would prefer things to be like in the future and to try my best at keeping our community from turning into a fighting arena. To be honest I don't even remember who made the comment that caused me to write this post and at this point I am too lazy to look it up.

Wheeeee! Dizzyingly long post!! :crazy: If you aren't sure if I allow something on the forums or need me to clear up some rules or something feel free to ask me here.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My thoughts on the matter...

Postby brektzar » July 15th, 2010, 3:25 pm

I do think that you should add more rules to the list. Have SPARTAN do it ;) Hes a member of the team now so he has to contribute"evil laugh", no but seriously, to make sure this wont happen make sure people dont have to ask you if this or that is ok, just tell them in the rules post :)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 15th, 2010, 3:34 pm

It wasn't actually that big of a deal in the first place, just a minor misunderstanding. Anyways, sorry if it caused a problem. :)
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » July 15th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Yeah, I just updated the rules a bit. I dunno how many people read the rules though anyways.

Yeah, it wasn't as big a deal as I probably just made it. I think part of it is because I just saw a post yesterday on a site where people were fighting over piracy and all that and it got people really riled up and half of the problem was because of the way it was said. I would really like not to see it blow up like that in the future. Plus, when people talk about it pirating stuff like it is no big deal, it bugs me.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 15th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Yep. It's good to clear that sort of thing up ahead of time.
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby djm » July 15th, 2010, 5:26 pm

Well, as I said in the post; I didn't recommend it. You have to understand what's written to fully understand the concept as well. And I said that torrent were a possible way (other words were used) to get the software.. Not that he HAD to. And personally I think we should put this behind us and move on. Minor missunderstandings do occur, very often.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 15th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Nicely said, djm. Now that that's cleared up, let's move on. :)
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Return to Announcements