blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Fixed Forum

Fixed Forum

Postby IrascibleOne » July 2nd, 2010, 8:31 pm

We are now officially with the newest version. I unknowingly lied last time. After searching for the reason as to why the poll wasn't working I found that the problem was that I needed to update the style. Since that was not updated, it was like we were still using the old version. After some time, I determined the easiest way was to do a fresh install on my computer and then upload it all here and from the looks of it, it is working.

Also, all Mods needed to be re-installed. Smilies and BBCodes were easy as I just had to make a backup and send it to the new forum. However, of the two mods that we have (the chat box and thanks thingy), I only did the chat one. I decided not to do the thanks (for now at least) because we weren't really using it that much and it was kinda a messy mod. If I do it again, I will get a different one.

That's all!

UPDATE: Forgot about the files! They are there now, if anyone noticed that they were missing.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fixed Forum

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 3rd, 2010, 3:00 am

Looks like you semi-reverted back to the old forum! It's a nice change. Ah, good to come back to DS to find it has taken one more step.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 3rd, 2010, 5:46 am

Maybe instead of the thanks system, you should do a reputation system. Many forums have a system like that, and it provides a small incentive for members to be helpful and polite. Also, the top bar appears to be messed up in Chrome for me, I'll post a pic of the problem.
DSChromeProblem.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 3rd, 2010, 5:56 am

Never mind, it's fixed now. I wonder why it did that?
EDIT: Whoah. Doth mine eyes deceive me? Are those RSS Feed icons next to the forums? I got this nifty LCD on my G15, and I can put RSS feeds on there. :D
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » July 3rd, 2010, 11:11 am

No, it did that to me in Firefox as well, but when I reloaded it was fine. Not sure why though, it is kinda strange. Maybe it was just a matter of re-caching everything again or something.

Yep, I saw that RSS was supposed to be one of the new things, but could never find it. Now I know why, gotta keep up to date with the styles too. :)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 3rd, 2010, 11:47 pm

And as long as we were talking about bugs, I have always used "View Active Topics," but it seems to be broken, with no results being found. In addition, I am using Firefox and everyone's avatar has been replaced with "User Avatar" text in place of the image.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » July 4th, 2010, 12:17 am

Well, I didn't copy the avatar images over to the new one, but even when I did (just now), they still do not work. I'll have to do it tomorrow or Monday, as it is 1:15am right now...

As for the active topics, I did a search and they changed the default setting to 'off', so I went through all of the sections and turned it back on.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 3LeggedDog » July 4th, 2010, 4:41 am

All my stuff works! Looks great!

Oops, may have typed too soon - tutorials page looks a little odd (being an oddball, I should know!)

Happy 4th! :Dance:
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » July 4th, 2010, 9:40 am

Yeesh. I only changed the forums...that's a completely new problem, I'll see if I can fix it before I go celebrate. Thanks for letting me know though! I'll also start working on getting everyone's old avatar to work.

UPDATE: Tutorial Page should be fixed now.
UPDATE2: Woah, I don't even know what I did to do it, but apparently the avatars are working now. Yay!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 4th, 2010, 12:42 pm

The avatars never stopped working for me. :)
//SPARTAN
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Return to Announcements