blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Making A Mod Update

Making A Mod Update

Postby IrascibleOne » November 29th, 2009, 7:43 pm

There was a lot to do especially considering that the theme is not the default one and took quite some time (The dumb thing says about 10 minutes...yeah right, it's taken me about an hour) and there is a lot of chances for error.

With that said, if something is screwed up on the forums, I am working on it. When it is done I will be back and let you know what the Mod is.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Making A Mod Update

Postby IrascibleOne » November 29th, 2009, 10:40 pm

I can't can't get the dumb thing to work completely - I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow...this is taking way too long...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 2:12 am

Thanks for taking your time to do these things!

I see youve added the thank you mod, but it seems the thank you button is missing, is it hard to implement in this layout?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2009, 10:01 am

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is just yet, it seems everything else is working alright (besides the layout of the list of thanks page) but I just cannot get that thank you button for the posts to appear. Tonight (I am at the college right now) I plan on going through the whole thing again to check for any errors that may have happened, mainly the parts where I had to edit the code so it would fit with the theme.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 10:13 am

Aah i see, perhaps the problem is the PHPBB version? The mod may be for an early release of phpbb 3 or for phpbb 2? i think i forgot to check that when i was scouting ;) is this the mod i sent you?
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2009, 7:31 pm

The mod you sent me was abandoned and the link for it is down. So I searched for another one that turns out to be based on the one that you sent to me. It was made a few months ago and it says that it is good enough for the version I have. I am thinking there is a problem with the CSS, because the CSS that I would have to edit for the default theme does not exist for this one...I plan to see if I can get the thing to start working now, then I will start getting the layout of the Thank You list page to look like the rest of the site.

I'll give everyone an update if I fix it (or if I just get fed up and decide to dump it...).
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Well whatever happens i am glad you even take the time for it :D(wish i had that thank you button now... ;) )

[EDIT]

Btw, do you think that you could link the profiles from here to imantu and vice versa? it would be awesome ;) :mrgreen:
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Alright! I have been screwing with it for a while and now it looks like it is working! Feel free to play with it if you want. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.

Btw, do you think that you could link the profiles from here to imantu and vice versa? it would be awesome ;) :mrgreen:

How do you mean? Just having a link that points here/there? Or making it so the profiles are the same and you only have to log in once?

If you mean the second one, I do not know how (or I would have already done it with the forum at Imantu) and, to be blunt, I don't want to spend the time learning all about the coding behind phpbb and all of the things I would need to do to my database to make it work.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 9:08 pm

Ok, great! :D but wheres the button to thank? :S :P

[EDIT]
I dont mean that the profiles should be the same, just that we can choose to add the imantu link or something that points there on our profile(not signature). I know theres a feature in phpbb to add new stuff to your profile, the same as age, occupation etc, or was that a mod aswell? :S im good at forgetting hehe but it shouldnt be hard.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm

The thank button is in the top right corner of each of the posts (that are not your own, of course).

Yeah, I think I could add the link sometime. I don't know how soon, considering how horribly my last add-on went, I kinda wanna take a break for a day or so. I'll add it to the list though.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next
Return to Announcements