blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Making A Mod Update

Re: Making A Mod Update

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 9:45 pm

oh haha... "the one place i didnt look" ;)
Hehe, take your time its no rush you know ;)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2009, 11:09 pm

Ok, I decided I would just fix up the Thanks list page since it was just going to bother me. So, there it is. You can see the link to it next to the members link in the bright orange bar at the top, below the tutorials link.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2009, 11:16 pm

I cant "thank" you enough for your good care over this webpage ;) Its always fun to see admins who STILL care after a year or so, many just give up. I for one am glad you didnt :D

the best reward i can give here is probably a thanks :P but just for the heck of it ill try to make something nice for you in blender :P dont expect too much though and i cant say when its done either :P but it will be done xD Also, dont take it too serioously it wont be world class :lol:

See, i am very new here and im all enthusiastic(did i spell it right? :P) about the site :D fun right? :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » December 1st, 2009, 5:17 pm

brektzar wrote:many just give up

I have a few friends like that - they need instant gratification. I'm more of a long run person. Not that I really worry about the site getting huge anytime soon...I just like working with websites and if I find the time, I will mess around with Blender a bit and show it off/share my findings. Showing off my stuff is a good reason to make a website, so it worked out for me. :D And if people like what I do, all the more better.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » December 2nd, 2009, 1:59 am

IrascibleOne wrote:I have a few friends like that - they need instant gratification. I'm more of a long run person. Not that I really worry about the site getting huge anytime soon...I just like working with websites and if I find the time

You should probably just let the a grow in its own pace and do what you can to help it but you do need patience, ALOT of it hehe and thats what most people lack today :P

IrascibleOne wrote:I will mess around with Blender a bit and show it off/share my findings. Showing off my stuff is a good reason to make a website, so it worked out for me. :D And if people like what I do, all the more better.

That is a good reason to make a site, but it shouldnt be the only one :P an admin have to like fixing stuff :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Dictator-for-life » December 2nd, 2009, 7:56 pm

Great work Irascible :thumbup:

Only.. Some parts of it are awkward or grammatically incorrect..

For this message the author IrascibleOne has received thanks - 2:

It should be "From this message, the author IrascibleOne.." It would sound better like this, would sound even better if you could put the number before "thanks." Kinda looks like it's saying that you have 'negative' two thanks (- 2). Maybe a colon, then a period (: 2.)

Well, I know you worked so hard on this.. but.. well.. Maybe it'd be better, effectively, if people remained anonymous. I also find no significance in the "Has thanked" count.. ..Just my two cents.

Maybe we can call this something besides "Thanks?" Maybe you can do "Scarabs" or something like that.. I dunno.

A great job, I will give you a +1. :thumbup:
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » December 2nd, 2009, 8:12 pm

Yeah, the guy who actually made the mod is Russian, I think, and his English was not very good, so there are a lot of places where it just isn't worded very well. I did change one spot and that is the link that says 'Thanks List' in the header. It used to be 'Gratifications', which hardly even makes sense...

I could look through them a bit, I mean I've become pretty well acquainted with the files by now, so changing some of the text a bit should be relatively simple.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » December 3rd, 2009, 6:40 pm

Well, it's a good mod, if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it, I was just suggesting, that's all.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby brektzar » December 4th, 2009, 12:48 am

I dont really mind the text beeing wrong, i probably spell more stuff wrong than that guy :P but it might be good to have it fixed anyway :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Previous
Return to Announcements