blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Dad's Home!

Dad's Home!

Postby 3LeggedDog » June 13th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Wow - I tried learning Blender several years ago, but did not have the time to pursue it. I do remember one really cool site, called Dark Scarab, and I could only hope it was still around. Turns out it is!
Hello! I am a 45 year old curmudgeon who absolutely loves multi-player FPS games! (All I got as a kid was my brother's hand-me-down G.I. Joe - that we eventually burned up with lighter fluid when we sent his ass down a hill in a Tonka truck! :twisted:
Now, of course, I am off to bigger and better things! BF 2, Combat Arms...u know, the good stuff! I think u guys have the best tutorials, and I'll be haunting this site for quite some time to come! I just put Blender back into my computer about one week ago and already have the vehicle wrapper working - I'm hoping to have a simple FPS multi-player game finished by the end of the summer; one with vehicles, choppers, etc. I promise to let you all play, and kill u repeatedly!
Also, I should have some images posted here pretty soon.
"A soldier's glory is only increased by his vanity."
3LeggedDog
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dad's Home!

Postby IrascibleOne » June 13th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Welcome to DS! Or maybe I should say welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your progress with your game, sounds pretty cool already.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » June 13th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Welcome to DS!
Im looking forward to your game ;) Even though im no real FPS fan it could still be awesome right? :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » June 14th, 2010, 4:13 am

Howdy! You wouldn't happen to play Steam games, would you? I'm always up for a round of CS:S, TF2, L4D1 & 2... Anyways, welcome to DS! Always happy to have new members! :wave:
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby 3LeggedDog » June 14th, 2010, 4:29 am

Hmmm....my last post didn't make it in. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Spartan, I get most of my games from Pirate Bay, and I have a heck of a time getting them to work online. I'll have a new game u can get killed in pretty soon, anyway! ;)
It's still early here and I want to get a tank body into Blender as soon as possible so I can see if I can use skid steering, with no scripting. No tracks - don't need 'm. I'm still using Ani8or - it is just too easy to use, and texture with, compared to Blender's overly complex texturing controls. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics by the end of the week. Until then, take care, and stay away from that blue hemp smoke! :crazy:
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SPARTAN-001 » June 14th, 2010, 4:35 am

Piracy? :Naughty:
Anyways, good luck with your game. :thumbup:
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 14th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Hello! Welcome to DarkScarab!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 3LeggedDog » June 15th, 2010, 4:38 am

Hello, Dictator.
What kind of games do you play? :shifty:
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Introductions