blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

greetings

Re: greetings

Postby Dictator-for-life » May 27th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forums! I think you'll find the community most engrossing and helpful. I'm probably not the ONE to tell you all this, but why not enter our latest contest? There is also an area of BGE and it would be awesome if you could contribute there. Also, there is a sister site at www.IMANTU.com, you should really check it out! Anyways, welcome! Hope you stick around!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SPARTAN-001 » May 27th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I would also recommend joining Imantu if you want to show off your stuff. BTW, that game sounds cool.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby IrascibleOne » May 27th, 2009, 7:32 pm

I looked around for a bit, and I am quite intrigued by what I saw. however, i still have to ask, what is the underlying purpose of this community?

The main point of the forums originally was to make it easier to communicate with people who had questions about my tutorials. I kept getting emails from multiple people and many had repeat questions. After a few people started signing up, I started getting suggestions and I continued getting ideas and it has expended to where we are today. So, overall, the main point is to answer any questions pertaining to the tutorials or similar topics. Much of the rest is just for fun. :D

...and how does it relate to the Trichius fasciatus in any specific sense?

There's no real relation, and truthfully, I don't really know why I chose the name. I had set out to try to get something along the lines of JBGraphics, JBArt, etc. (JB is my initials...), but I couldn't find anything that I liked. Somehow, Dark Scarab popped up and I just did it. I guess I thought it sounded cool, probably along with the fact that I was tired of looking for a domain name that I liked.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sgt pants » May 28th, 2009, 10:33 am

very cool. i like this place :thumbup:
Don't worry, they have confirmed that the chance that a sustainable black hole will form and consume the earth is quite small.

Why has a developer ever needed any reason other than "it looks bloody awesome?"

Cargo Bay 1
my website
sgt pants
Useful
Useful

Previous
Return to Introductions